Transferring a left handed loaded pickguard to a right handed one.

What's Hot

Recently bought a loaded pickguard but did not realise that it was off a left handed guitar now need to transfer it over to a right hand scratchplate.

can anyone advise which wires need to be swapped over as I am not really up for a full rewire - thanks 

https://ibb.co/Q8NWz3h

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    You need to determine if they are audio or linear pots  You may get some weird sweeps wiring them the opposite way if a left handed audio taper pot had been used
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezV said:
    You need to determine if they are audio or linear pots  You may get some weird sweeps wiring them the opposite way if a left handed audio taper pot had been used
    thanks, was hoping for a easy swap - probably best just put some new pots in as I am not too sure what pots are in their currently.
  • Were they lefty pots and by any chance reusable?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    Proper left-handed - ie reverse audio/log taper - are very rare in guitars. More normally, guitar manufacturers simply wire standard audio/log pots backwards, which produces a completely useless taper. If you’re lucky, the use linear pots which are the same either way round and only produce a useless taper for tone controls…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    ICBM said:
    If you’re lucky, they use linear pots which are the same either way round and only produce a useless taper for tone controls…
    I had a LH Squier Silver Series Stratocaster that was like that. 3 x full-sized MIJ B250k pots. The tone controls saw limited use because of their location.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TarAntXon said:
    Were they lefty pots and by any chance reusable?
    I did not take the risk and just swapped them out.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    TarAntXon said:
    Were they lefty pots and by any chance reusable?
    I did not take the risk and just swapped them out.
    I think that TarAntXon was hoping your redundant pots might be for sale.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.