SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

On behalf of a friend - lots of guitars and basses

What's Hot

I'll fully understand if this gets yanked by the mods, but this is posted on behalf of a friend or to be more accurate, on behalf of his family, as he died last weekend.

Below is a PDF of the instruments for sale (there will be amps, pedals and studio gear to follow).

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What a fascinating collection!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's some haul. Condolences to the family.
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1364
    edited November 2022
    Sorry for your loss
    Your Shergold Marathon 6 is seriously underpriced.. only about 70 made. Advertise it on bass chat for £2k

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry to hear about your friend. Lovely collection and I'm sure there'll be plenty of interest here. 
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    Where would collection be from? Thks
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7356
    that firebird looks good
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 8010
    GuyR said:
    Sorry for your loss
    Your Shergold Marathon 6 is seriously underpriced.. only about 70 made. Advertise it on bass chat for £2k

I've passed that on.

I have no involvement in the sale, I just posted the PDF to help them out.

I was the drummer in a band with Martin back in the early 90s but knew him from school days long before that.

He was a lovely bloke and I shall miss him.

Come on folks, it says at the bottom of the PDF - they're in Northampton, and contact details are all at the bottom.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5069
    Well, that’s one for the Shergold collectors. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4919
    Sorry for the loss of your friend & condolences to his family.  :'(   Incredibly diverse and unusual collection. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3592
    Sorry for the loss of your friend. 
    Quite an eclectic collection, and more basses than most shops have!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • So sorry for your loss.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8468
    What a collection !!  Fascinating.  I would have loved the Ovation Viper, but I see it has been sold  :(
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3752
    BillDL said:
    What a collection !!  Fascinating.  I would have loved the Ovation Viper, but I see it has been sold  :(

Ditto
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2102
    Nice collection...Hope the sale goes well.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Thats very classy , well done to all involved.  They say a picture paints a thousand words - in the picture of your friend in the catalogue he looks like a lovely chap,  I hope he had a great life.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Apologies to @finest1 who asked me for more info about the blue Ibanez Prestige, I wasn't planning to buy anything at the time I responded, but having decided I'd like something of my friend's to remember him by I decided to buy it myself and collected it this morning . . . it's very nice ;)

I went to the storage place where his kids have currently got everything as they try to catalogue it all and sell what they're not keeping for themselves and it's like an aladdin's cave, or @HarrySeven shed, if you prefer.

There are lots of amps and pedals to come, which they're sorting out at the moment so I'll update once I see anything. 

The best bit of a sad situation was telling a couple of band stories which they'd always thought were at best exaggerations, and being able to assure them they were completely true :)

One where their dad stepped up to the mic in the rehearsal room and bellowed a note for as long and as loud as he could manage, only to briefly pass out as a consequence and fall backwards onto my drum kit.

The second was when I had a cymbal which had cracked that I was still using which I watched crack still further during a song (same rehearsal room, different day) until a chunk of it was hanging on and dangling from it, as the song ended I hit the cymbal as hard as I could and the loose bit flew off and stuck in the side of his head. I was helpless with laughter and it had struck him in such a way that he hadn't felt it go in, so he was looking around in confusion with a bit of cymbal in his head.

When I plucked it out and showed him I thought he was going to kill me :)  

They were so amused and thrilled to know the stories were true they're going to use them at his funeral.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom