Rat guitars?

What's Hot
paulkpaulk Frets: 318
edited September 2013 in Guitar
Currently I'm re-working an old Hohner RTX Revelation as a rat-guitar. I'm going over to N.I. for a band reunion in November and since I'll have to throw the guitar in baggage I figured to bring something that I won't miss if it gets totally messed up.

It was seldom played, looked arse so I've decided to make it look even worse. First step has been to apply a gold hammerite finish with matching paint runs and botch reshaping the pickguard. More pics on the monstrosity to follow. Suggestions for further beautification more than welcome! :)

Anyone else got some ugly ducklings to share?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    Well, here it is...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3596
    It's a bit difficult to do 'Rat' these days with so many appalling relics on the market. Some stickers maybe, but it looks quite nice as it is in the photo tbh.

Nice job, well done.
  • That body shape is cool as bits man. Does it play good?
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    edited September 2013
    Funnily enough it plays way better than I had remembered/expected. It's quite a flat radius neck (15" I would think) which is not normally what I would play but, that aside, it will certainly get the job done. It originally had so-called ATN circuitry in it but that's gone and it's now just wired with a splittable humbucker in the bridge and single coil in the neck. I also locked down the trem and got rid of the roller nut (it's now tusq). I do actually kinda like it.