How not to build a Kit guitar

What's Hot
So i wanted something cheap to mess about with and learn along the way, i was considering a nice body and neck but decided against it because i will cock up something too nice. so i settled on a T type kit from thomann.

I have no plans as of yet but going to just wing it and see how it turns out,

First issue, once its assembled the string alignment on the higher end of the frets is off but is okay at the nut end, would this be an issue with neck alignment or bridge location?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15275
    The neck is out of position in the neck pocket. 

The corrective action is to slacken off the four neck anchoring screws slightly, yank the neck sideways in whichever direction corrects the misalignment abd to hold it there whilst retightening the four anchor screws.

If the neck to pocket fit is sloppy, it may help to add a shim vertically along the side of the neck heel.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MilkMilk Frets: 84
    @Funkfingers Thank you il crack on and try that. having a read around it seems this is a common thing to do. the neck pocket doesn't have too much slop too it but also it isn't so tight that the neck fits in with compression, it seems sd good as any other guitars I've played
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1658
    Came in hear half expecting a tour of the new UK Chapman workshop
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom