SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Westbury Standard 1978-1982

What's Hot
Norwegian_BlueNorwegian_Blue Frets: 462
edited November 2022 in Guitars £
Posting this for a friend of mine who is more guitar owner than player! Based in Bournemouth, will connect you to seller if interested.

'Westbury Standard guitar dating from late 70s or early 80s. It's in really good condition, aside from a few cosmetic dinks, which are pictured and don't affect the playing.

I've owned it for about 12 years but haven't played it too much as I'm mainly an acoustic player, and after a clear out prompted by a house move I don't even have an amp any more. But it plays very well!'

£280 ONO

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fantastic guitars! I’m very tempted but if I buy another guitar this close to Xmas, I’m going to wake up dead.

GLWTS
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    Fantastic guitars! I’m very tempted but if I buy another guitar this close to Xmas, I’m going to wake up dead.

GLWTS
     B)

It couldn't be any more you if it had your name on the headstock! 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• McToot said:
    Fantastic guitars! I’m very tempted but if I buy another guitar this close to Xmas, I’m going to wake up dead.

GLWTS
     B)

I miss my old one I sold to @Sarge in a ‘wife appeasement’ moment when I got my R8.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2435
    For the record the neck and body aren't "one solid piece"
    the neck is 3 piece and the body 2 piece. 
    doesn't take anything away from this as they're a cracking guitar for really very little money... and I've seen the pickups up for sale for that money.
    GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2435
    McToot said:

GLWTS
     B)

I miss my old one I sold to @Sarge in a ‘wife appeasement’ moment when I got my R8.
    should have kept it and not wasted money on the inferior LP gimmick ;) 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sarge said:
    For the record the neck and body aren't "one solid piece"
    the neck is 3 piece and the body 2 piece. 
    doesn't take anything away from this as they're a cracking guitar for really very little money... and I've seen the pickups up for sale for that money.
    GLWTS
    Have just edited... I was using the owners own description so haven't viewed it myself! I think that was his way of saying glued in rather than bolt on!