It's a year since singer David Longdon died.

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
Terribly sad, he was only 56, had two young daughters but suffered a fall at home a year ago. After thinking that success in music had passed him by, he joined Big Big Train some years ago and their star has been rising ever since.

I don't suppose that anyone here is particularly interested, but this is a video of David with the band. The music is quintessentially English.

Rest in Peace David, and thanks for the music.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6253
    What a great band. I'd not heard of them or David but this music is right up my street. He was an excellent singer, reminds me of a cross between Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins.  Oh and that slide solo was sublime.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsql said:
    What a great band. I'd not heard of them or David but this music is right up my street. He was an excellent singer, reminds me of a cross between Peter Gabriel and Phil Collins.  Oh and that slide solo was sublime.
    May I suggest you try the first couple of albums they made with DL. The Underfall Yard and English Electric 1&2 - which I tell people is possibly the best album that Genesis never made. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 444
    His posthumous solo album Door One was released recently and has some sublime stuff on it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom