Eddie Van Halen: "My First Interview" (Complete, HD Audio)

JasOJasO Frets: 97
​Van Halen fans! My producer Nik Hunt and I have decided to make the complete version of our Talking Guitar podcast of Eddie's first interview available via YouTube. (This is the interview Eddie and I did backstage after shooting basketball at the June 1978 Day on the Green Concert at the Oakland Coliseum. Some of the quotes you'll hear first appeared in my November 1978 article in Guitar Player magazine.)

If you like what you hear, please consider subscribing to our Talking Guitar YouTube channel. Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• This is really good. Just the first few minutes where Jas talks about meeting Eddie is a great story even if you don’t listen to the whole interview (although it’s relatively short and the enthusiasm of the young Mr VH is great). 
    The YouTube version:

https://youtu.be/mID7L1B92vA
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JasOJasO Frets: 97
    JasO said:
    ​Van Halen fans! My producer Nik Hunt and I have decided to make the complete version of our Talking Guitar podcast of Eddie's first interview available via YouTube. (This is the interview Eddie and I did backstage after shooting basketball at the June 1978 Day on the Green Concert at the Oakland Coliseum. Some of the quotes you'll hear first appeared in my November 1978 article in Guitar Player magazine.)

If you like what you hear, please consider subscribing to our Talking Guitar YouTube channel. Thanks!
    Sorry -- I got the date wrong. Our interview took place in July, rather than June, 1978.