How Jimi Hendrix Learned to Play Guitar

What's Hot
JasOJasO Frets: 97
A few months ago Line 6 commissioned me to write a three-part series on how Jimi Hendrix learned to play the guitar. To create these articles, I used information told to me by his father, James “Al” Hendrix, as we co-wrote My Son Jimi, as well as the recollections of Jimi’s childhood friends, schoolmates, younger brother Leon, Billy Cox, and Chas Chandler. The following link provides more detailed background information, embedded musical samples, and the links to all three installments: 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GillyGilly Frets: 1172
    Just read part 1. Really interesting read. No surprise that, by the sound of it, the key components were raw talent and obsessive practicing and probably also a strong desire to escape his deprived background. Thanks for posting!
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7063
    Had he not heard of Burt Weedon? ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • erueru Frets: 53
    JasO said:
    A few months ago Line 6 commissioned me to write a three-part series on how Jimi Hendrix learned to play the guitar. To create these articles, I used information told to me by his father, James “Al” Hendrix, as we co-wrote My Son Jimi, as well as the recollections of Jimi’s childhood friends, schoolmates, younger brother Leon, Billy Cox, and Chas Chandler. The following link provides more detailed background information, embedded musical samples, and the links to all three installments: 

This is great, thanks.