SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Hamer Eclipse -price dropped to £800

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3374
edited April 2023 in Guitars £

I’m based near Kettering, Northamptonshire (just off the a14), but am more than happy to travel to meet. I also have several boxes and plenty of backing materials so happy to ship at buyers cost and risk. This place is built on trust, so if you’ve any questions just ask, communication is king in my books.

Hamer Eclipse

A beautiful instrument from 1994 that has aged better than I have since the death of Mr Cobain and release of countless Britpop debut albums. One piece mahogany body, odd small ding but nothing significant. Seymour Duncan pickups and the original case. Only letting go as I like a chunkier neck and fancy some p90s. 

I’ve had a few questions about the neck profile, so here is my best attempt at describing and a few measurements: it’s in Gibson-ish territory, bigger than a 60s slim taper and moving towards the 59, without being quite as rounded and deep. 22.2mm at the 1st fret, 23.6mm at the 12th, 42.5mm width at the nut. From memory this feels more substantial than the ‘97 les paul special I used to have and by comparison it feels not entirely dissimilar to an Eastman SB59 I’ve got on the wall here, it is more substantial (in width) than my daughter’s Gretsch Broadkaster, whilst not being as deep as my AO50s strat neck. Hope that helps! 

From the fretboard it came and to the fretboard it shall return for the price it was purchased for. 

3.29 kg

£850 -Price dropped to £800 to keep it on the fretboard. No offers on this price, I challenge you to find a better USA made guitar for the money.

Also listing this off forum where I’ve had a few more enquiries (nothing seems to be shifting at the moment) -would rather keep it here if I can.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/oiob9c6f7U

Nought Flightcaster (Thinline Tele) -sold 

Built by our very own @danishbacon as a prototype for what I believe was a business idea that didn’t get off the ground due too limited a margin to make it viable. This is a truly incredible guitar, here’s the explanation from the man himself: 

It's called the Nought - Flightcaster because it weighs nought. It's very light.

Body and neck are made by GSP. The body is swamp ash with roasted maple neck. 

22mm at the 1st fret
24.2mm at the 12th fret
43mm nut width

The whole guitar is finished in nitrocellulose, with a 'light, studio relic' feel, a guitar that has been used but not tossed around. All the metal hardware is nickel finished so will age as the guitar ages.

The neck and bridge pickup were custom hand wound by Craig at AxesRus. They're a slightly overwound tele set with taller bobbin on neck for a fat p90 type tone. Light wax potting so they don't lose dynamics. They're signed by Craig.

Wiring is all high end CTS and orange drop caps with Gotoh bridge and tuners and Japanese made bakelite knobs. It lives inside a new Hiscox case. It’s a superb and well balanced guitar with a whole hell of a lot of great tones across the three way switch. Very comfortable neck, not too chunky and all high grade tone woods, with a hand rubbed (very very light satin) rear. The top of the body, for example, is highly flamed so as the nitro wears you may start seeing flamed maple poke through.

2.67 kg

£950, drop to £900…£875…£850…£825.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/4a9g556SwS

‘Trigger’s broom-caster’ or in its semi-original form as a 2000/2001 Fender USA Standard Telecaster -Sold

This was originally a rosewood board fender USA standard from the early 00s, that has been refinished and hand painted, then gigged a lot. Currently sporting a replacement guitar anatomy maple neck, which is more chunky and traditional, albeit not as tight a fit in the neck pocket as the original. The original rosewood neck was too thin for my liking and a few frets need dressing after 20 years of gigs; though it is still perfectly usable, I’m just extremely fussy. Typical fender laquer chipping down the side of the fretboard but nothing noticeable in the heat of the moment. Have the original, or have them both.

Has the original bridge pickup, but neck pickup has been changed to a Cats whisker firebird which is a great pickup, and I’ve an Alegree Cirrostratus neck pickup and suitable pickguard here too for a more traditional approach. Pots are CTS, PIO cap and switch craft jack on an electro socket. 

3.31 kg

Original well used but functional case included. 

So what’s the deal? you can have the original USA tele neck on the body (make it a fender tele again) and the Alegree cirrostratus and it’s a psychedelic Fender USA Standard tele from 2000/2001 for £550 -SOLD. 

Prefer it as a Broomcaster and want the option of swapping necks (flipping one for a profit/project) messing about with different neck pickups, etc). £700 with all the extra gubbins. Otherwise I’ll keep these bits and will use them myself. Sold in its original form, parts to appear in another listing sometime soon.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/h3493FD6C2

Abbott 18watt TMB, may end up in the amp section…still going back and forth on this one.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cool guitar and nice color! May I ask fretboard radius and 12th fret neck thickness? Or a little bit more info around "not to chunky" comment. Thanks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Josh_Cosku said: Cool guitar and nice color! May I ask fretboard radius and 12th fret neck thickness? Or a little bit more info around "not to chunky" comment. Thanks.
    @Josh_Cosku, the neck is 9.5” radius. I don’t have exact measurements at hand but it’s a ‘happy medium’ C shape with a really nice feeling satin finish, similar to a recent Fano guitar neck. 

• Cool guitar and nice color! May I ask fretboard radius and 12th fret neck thickness? Or a little bit more info around "not to chunky" comment. Thanks.
    I haven’t any callipers so will have to fashion a make shift measure to be precise-ish. However, based on my other tele experiences, this is more substantial than the modern C of my 00s USA Standard, has more shoulder than a generic partscaster c that I’ve kicking about (feels a little more D shape) and not as deep as a 50s U. Feels full, but not ungainly. Fretboard feels like a 9.5 or 12, but will have to trawl through old messages to see if I can find anything more precise -it’s definitely not a 7.25 though! :)
  • Tdanishbacon said:
    Cool guitar and nice color! May I ask fretboard radius and 12th fret neck thickness? Or a little bit more info around "not to chunky" comment. Thanks.

@Josh_Cosku, the neck is 9.5” radius. I don’t have exact measurements at hand but it’s a ‘happy medium’ C shape with a really nice feeling satin finish, similar to a recent Fano guitar neck. 

Thanks Fred, we were obviously posting simultaneously. Appreciate the input buddy.
  • @Josh_Cosku steel rule with a book behind the neck (so a thoroughly imperfect method) says roughly 22/23mm at the 12th fret. 
  • @Teyeplayer and @danishbacon ;
    Thank you guys for additional information. 

I am generally more comfortable with thicker necks that is the reason I asked. Not less than 24mm or 0.95-96" around 12th fret works best for me. 

GLWTS!

• You know what Josh, this might be the excuse I’ve  needed to get some digital callipers. :)
  • Hah, I have a mechanical one and it is usefull. Especially when moddifiying guitars :)
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3374
    edited December 2022
    @Teyeplayer and @danishbacon ;;
    Thank you guys for additional information. 

I am generally more comfortable with thicker necks that is the reason I asked. Not less than 24mm or 0.95-96" around 12th fret works best for me. 

GLWTS!

I bought some digital callipers as this gave me the excuse I needed.

22mm at the 1st fret
    24.2mm at the 12th fret
     43mm but width. Edit: nut not but and definitely not butt! :)
  • Precise measurements! Nice.
    It looks like the neck thickness is a match as well on top of everything I liked about the Nought. Shall I start negotiations with wifey for a Christmas present
  • Precise measurements! Nice.
    It looks like the neck thickness is a match as well on top of everything I liked about the Nought. Shall I start negotiations with wifey for a Christmas present
    I’d start with: look how good I’ve been this year, before moving onto: I promise to be even better next. ;)
  • A few nibbles and questions. It’s always best to clarify why I’m letting the best tele I own go (yes, I know -sounds stupid and is a cliche). I got offered a Hamer Eclipse, couldn’t refuse and need to pay it off. Meanwhile my other tele…well no one would want my once was a USA standard triggers broom:
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/93RN4M7HUk
    Particularly, as it is now officially a Broomcaster:
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/157224850@N02/b7C17cQcU9

Happy Saturday folks. 
  • Christmas Eve bump, Hamer added.
  • Boxing Day Sale ;)
  • CastroCastro Frets: 530
    What does the Nought weigh?
  • Castro said:
    What does the Nought weigh?
    2.671kg according to the kitchen scales.
    https://flic.kr/p/2o7ZFLn

• pruddprudd Frets: 682
    Whoever gets hold of the Hamer will not be disappointed, a fine guitar that will only go up in value. Wouldn't have sold it if I didn't need to at the time.

And Jay was a real pleasure to deal with.
  • Thanks @prudd it is indeed a great instrument, sounds fantastic and is great fun to play (the Nought has all the same qualities). Let’s be honest, I am only selling because I am fickle, fussy to the nth degree and suffering from a perpetual case of extreme gas! :)
    New year bump for the Hamer.
    Let’s shift it all…:)