A photo of Rock 'n' Roll royalty I hadn't seen before

What's Hot
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There's a hefty amount of retouching in that pic!! Why do they all look 12? :D 

Original here: 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Asked for comment, Jimmy Velvet said: "Little did I realise when the photo was taken that in the future these would be three icons of rock and roll and all people would have to say about me is 'who the hell is he?' I could be bitter about it, but they're all dead and I'm still alive so I win, I guess."

(He didn't. I made it up.)

I don't know when the photos was taken, but the oldest any of them could have been is twenty-three, and Holly never even got that far. 
  • all that work to touch up the photo, but cant fix Buddys strap?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11448
    all that work to touch up the photo, but cant fix Buddys strap?
    Apparently it was offered but he said "that'll be the day". 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalf said:
    all that work to touch up the photo, but cant fix Buddys strap?
    Apparently it was offered but he said "that'll be the day". 
    “But Buddy, ‘It’s So Easy’”
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7847
    That unruly mop of hair on Jerry Lee Lewis must have been shocking to many older and more conservative people of that era. For those that saw him as being so rebellious and unkempt and survived several decades after that, I wonder what they thought of other fashion trends that followed?  Apart from looking like a coiled dog shit, that roll of hair on Jimmy Velvet's forehead is even more contrived than the stuck-down sharp curl on Bill Haley's brow.  For some reason it reminds me of the "hat" thing ( I think they're called "fascinators") worn by Princess Beatrice

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16082
    BillDL said:
    That unruly mop of hair on Jerry Lee Lewis must have been shocking to many older and more conservative people of that era. For those that saw him as being so rebellious and unkempt and survived several decades after that, I wonder what they thought of other fashion trends that followed?  Apart from looking like a coiled dog shit, that roll of hair on Jimmy Velvet's forehead is even more contrived than the stuck-down sharp curl on Bill Haley's brow.  For some reason it reminds me of the "hat" thing ( I think they're called "fascinators") worn by Princess Beatrice

I backed that filly in the grand National and it came in last
    tae be or not tae be
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19516
    edited November 2022
    BillDL said:

Some more snaps here... 
    I'd suggest that Jimmy Velvet's hair was an innocent victim of the colourising/tinting/touching up process.
    https://50sspirit.blogspot.com/2011/12/gene-vincent-jerry-lee-lewis.html
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19516
    Talking of rock & roll coifs...
    I give you Bob Kingston, guitarist with Tenpole Tudor.
    He spent ages chatting up my then girlfriend after their 'Swords of a Thousand Men' tour gig in Durham.
    I was working there at the time & after I'd broken down their rig & helped lead it out, I went over & got a lovely great big kiss from her.
    He really wasn't thrilled...
    PMSL  :)

666 BLOG