Can I take much more fun...?

What's Hot
KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19515
Just seen the advert on the TV for the 'new' André Rieu seasonal offering.
I really can't describe how I'm feeling right now.
I thought I had had enough growing up with Mantovani & James Last being inflicted on me, but no, there's 
more...
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11448
    Sky Arts seem to have a legal requirement to cram as much Andre Rieu in as is humanly possible. Three hours of it in one go, or, even worse, an entire evening of the same thing being played over and over again but this time with some stupid fuckers dressed up whirling around on stage.

I'd string him up by his stupidly long hair and shove his conductor's baton right up his Blue Danube.

I can only guess that "Rieu" is a stage name that comes form the sound of people throwing up when they find out he's on the fucking telly, a-fucking-gain, for three fucking hours in prime time.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4954
    Bravo!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • At least that Scottish guy isn’t on at New Years any more , what was he called Andy Stewart 
      It was appalling . 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    scrumhalf said:
    Sky Arts seem to have a legal requirement to cram as much Andre Rieu in as is humanly possible. Three hours of it in one go, or, even worse, an entire evening of the same thing being played over and over again but this time with some stupid fuckers dressed up whirling around on stage.

I'd string him up by his stupidly long hair and shove his conductor's baton right up his Blue Danube.

I can only guess that "Rieu" is a stage name that comes form the sound of people throwing up when they find out he's on the fucking telly, a-fucking-gain, for three fucking hours in prime time.
    You should phone Sky. You can get packages with more than one channel. You're being ripped off mate.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • At the moment I have Now TV and I counted 19 Andre Rieu programmes on there I could watch, mostly concerts I think. Probably two would be the maximum for any other artist, although there is a bunch of the LSO. But Rieu is easily the most prolific music artiste on Sky Arts. Somebody likes him I guess. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29208
    An awful lot of people like him. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11448
    Sporky said:
    An awful lot of people like him. 
    I would imagine that a lot of awful people do as well. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6835
    scrumhalf said:
    shove his conductor's baton right up his Blue Danube.
    That got you a LOL.
  • My parents are big fans of Andre. They enjoy the tunes and the spectacle and the various personalities in his band. 

I’m not sure even they need quite as much as Sky seem to show, but overall I’m glad a broadcaster is addressing their musical tastes.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14821
    edited December 2022
    At least that Scottish guy isn’t on at New Year's any more, what was he called? Andy Stewart? It was appalling. 
    Now, instead, we are subjected to Jools Holland. This should be held to be in contravention of the Geneva Conventions.

I would replace them with a compilation of Chic Murray stand-up.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • At least that Scottish guy isn’t on at New Year's any more, what was he called? Andy Stewart? It was appalling. 
    Now, instead, we are subjected to Jools Holland. This should be held to be in contravention of the Geneva Conventions.

I would replace them with a compilation of Chic Murray stand-up.
    Absolutely I can remember when jules was cool & hosted the tube , now he just compares a selection of dry bands usually  & often joins in with that uncalled for boogie woolies piano 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14821
    I love the edition of Later… when Dr. John appeared. That time, at least, Jools had the sense to sit in on Hammond organ and confine himself to block chords.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.