Pro Classical musician breaks down Rock

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2630
in Music tFB Trader
Kind of a mix of reaction and breakdown type videos..  I found her really interesting to watch. She does two videos, one rection one where she listens in front of you then takes a few days to listen to the track again and do some research and gives a verdict as such. Then theres a separate in depth musical breakdown.  She pauses a lot, but often has something interesting to say.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That she'd never even heard of these bands is crazy! I get the bit about growing up in a house where only classical was played, but I just can't wrap my head around the idea that a musically curious kid wouldn't take some interest in popular music, even if their only exposure to it was in a shop or at a friend's house.

Would be fascinated to know what other cultural stuff she was exposed to. In the video on Love, Reign o'er Me, she seemed so amused at rain/reign that it was almost like she was realising for the first time that wordplay is allowed.

Will take a look at future ones if she covers a song I like, but it's quite tough watching her hit pause every ten seconds and spoiling her own experience of hearing something for the first time.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2630
    edited December 2022 tFB Trader
    barnstorm said:
    That she'd never even heard of these bands is crazy! I get the bit about growing up in a house where only classical was played, but I just can't wrap my head around the idea that a musically curious kid wouldn't take some interest in popular music, even if their only exposure to it was in a shop or at a friend's house.

Would be fascinated to know what other cultural stuff she was exposed to. In the video on Love, Reign o'er Me, she seemed so amused at rain/reign that it was almost like she was realising for the first time that wordplay is allowed.

Will take a look at future ones if she covers a song I like, but it's quite tough watching her hit pause every ten seconds and spoiling her own experience of hearing something for the first time.
    Yeah.. Ive seen a fair few now and the Justice one was I think only the third one she has done so far, some of the other ones she pauses less as she gets to understand what rock is all about (musically). And I agree, what sort of life must she have had NEVER to have heard any of it... Still its interesting to hear a point of view that is focused so much on the music from someone who clearly is very well learned on the subject.  
  • Yes, she does seem to get it a bit more in other ones. That Justice one reminded me very much of this:

Funny as well that she was previously so clueless about electronic instruments. Haven't watched it yet, but I am looking forward to seeing that dude with the ’70s 'stache explaining synths to her.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5011
    I’ve watched one or two of her videos; I tend to find The Daily Doug more engaging.