SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Squier Boxer ST535 HH Stratocaster MIJ - Fujigen £SOLD

What's Hot
Lawriejones1Lawriejones1 Frets: 160
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
Here's another under-the-bed guitar that's emerged for sale.

(This was originally advertised as a Fender, as I took the description title from a previously advertised guitar, as I'll be honest, I don't really know much about it. I should have checked. To avoid confusion, it's a MIJ Squier not one of the more modern MIJ Boxer Strats)

This is a super rare guitar in the UK!

The Squier Boxer ST535 Strats were Fender's attempt to steal the thunder from the Gibson/Orville collaboration. The configuration is HH with a 3 way selector switch, the scale is 24.75, a 12 inch radius fretboard, and a beautiful D shaped neck.

This SQUIER guitar was built in 1985 in the Fender Japan Fujigen factory from the information I have gathered.

This has recently been set up with a full fret dress and a new jack socket by SiCo setups in Bristol.

The guitar plays and sounds amazing, but it has been heavily used. It’s hard to picture but this has lots of superficial dents, scrapes, and scratches. There are some on the neck too.

I don’t have a hard case, but I have a soft case and suitable packaging materials.

Pickup in Bristol is preferred too.

Reason for sale is extensive home renovations and losing my storage space for guitars!

The cosmetic damage is why this is so cheap compared to others.

It's upfor £499 on ebay, but would take £449. 

Picture  https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/z3ilj6b054lu4h0bkfeyl/h?dl=0&rlkey=7l1f5g7fj50himtfxfy2p59nh

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Oh, and if anyone else has more information on this, please let me know!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ll take £399 if you can pay this side of Christmas.
  • Still here! It's a lovely guitar this one and the Gibson scale and exceptional construction make it a steal. I appreciate in the vintage-obsessed world of guitar land it's less desirable than the 60s reissues, but it's way cooler! 
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 538
    One of the guitarist of my very first band when I was a teenager had one of this, they were great, took distortion well, pickups were a bit harsh but great in general.

Sometimes I'm a little bit fuzzy about names but it is a Squier (by Fender) which are amazing guitars don't get me wrong the Japanese made instruments were great Squier or Fender but still naming the guitar only Fender when it's not it's a little bit uhm. 

Anyways good luck with the sale!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh, and if anyone else has more information on this, please let me know!
    It’s a squier.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15014
    Dumodal said:
    Sometimes I'm a little bit fuzzy about names but it is a Squier (by Fender) which are amazing guitars don't get me wrong the Japanese made instruments were great Squier or Fender but still naming the guitar only Fender when it's not it's a little bit uhm.

I used to have a System 1 Stratocaster from that period. One year's production was badged Fender. The next was badged Squier. Apart from the decals, the guitars were identical. Inevitably, this is not reflected in the prices being asked for and paid for each. Punters willingly pay more for the ones with the F word writ large on the headstock. 

Here's another under the bed guitar that's emerged for sale.

On this forum, guitars + bedrooms = :frown: 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 538
    Dumodal said:

I used to have a System 1 Stratocaster from that period. One year's production was badged Fender. The next was badged Squier. Apart from the decals, the guitars were identical. Inevitably, this is not reflected in the prices being asked for and paid for each. Punters willingly pay more for the ones with the F word writ large on the headstock. 
    I do agree, during that era you could find the same guitar with different names on the headstock, that's why made in Japan Squiers are great guitars for the money.

What bothers me is people are scared of using the name Squier or Epiphone, they always try to advertise Fender or Fender Squier same as Epiphone by Gibson (Korean), I mean just say it how it is Squier MIJ which are brilliant or Epiphone MIJ or MIK which are great too!

No shame in the name, obviously not as expensive as their big brothers, but amazing guitars.

Anyways don't wanna pester the seller with my rants!
  • Edited and updated all to show this is a Squier.

It was an oversight and something that was hopefully clear to anyone checking the images. But I apologise to anyone who may have been upset or misled by my description. 

There is no shame on the name here; it's a nice guitar! Appreciate your thoughts and expertise.