BadCat tube layout

What's Hot
JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
I am trying to find out the tube layout for my Black Cat 15. Does anyone have one? I've looked online but can find nothing indicating which is v1 or v2 or whatever, nothing is labelled inside the amp and there is nothing anywhere i can find to indicate which tube pertains to which channel.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pmgpmg Frets: 301
    Ef86 is channel 2 on mine
  • Sure. But as you look at the 12ax7s alongside it, which is v1, v2 etc and which does what

Does your model have reverb?  

• No

http://www.badcatamps.com/public_img/image_182_616.pdf

If you need more help than this -I'm not your man.  @keir is my technical guru!

• Yes i found that thanks. But i can see that much from just looking at the amp. It doesn't say what any of them does. Which is v1, for instance? Which 12ax7 does what?

I would expect them to have the same layout for each channel. For example, v1 is easy to identify on the ef86 channel. I had this issue about a year ago and we basically went through abit of trial and error to work things out.

Alternatively you could contact badcat -they're pretty good at getting back to people and John the owner frequents TGP. Sorry if I've not been much help
  • No, i appreciate it. Actually i have found Bad Cat so far to be entirely unhelpful. I have emailed four different Bad Cat email addresses in the last month asking after a channel-blend pedal they apparently do for the Black Cat. No reply. I have also emailed them asking for the tube layout but am not hopeful. Compare and contrast with Steve Carr, who could not have been more helpful every time we have spoken. Strikes me BadCat are lucky to have dealers such as the admirable Doug at Coda, who has PMd me here unprompted and promised to get onto them on Monday for me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Doug is the Man.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
    Doug is helpful I agree
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6866
    tFB Trader
    JohnPerry said:
    No, i appreciate it. Actually i have found Bad Cat so far to be entirely unhelpful. I have emailed four different Bad Cat email addresses in the last month asking after a channel-blend pedal they apparently do for the Black Cat. No reply. I have also emailed them asking for the tube layout but am not hopeful. Compare and contrast with Steve Carr, who could not have been more helpful every time we have spoken. Strikes me BadCat are lucky to have dealers such as the admirable Doug at Coda, who has PMd me here unprompted and promised to get onto them on Monday for me.
    That a unfortunate @JohnPerry, I've contacted them a few times and they've always gotten back to me within 24 hours. I Can't help with the tube layout either I'm afraid as I suspect yours will be different to mine.
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)