Spear of Destiny: current tour

What's Hot
SnagsSnags Frets: 5463
Not sure how far through the tour they are, but if you have any liking for semi-melodic post-punk and they're playing near you soon, definitely worth the ticket price.

They turned in an excellent show in my home town last night, and that kind of music in small venues ... fantastic. Kirk looked a wee bit buggered at times, but given his age and history, not a massive surprise. Still gave 100% throughout the whole thing, though, and the band were tight as.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I still play Theatre of Hate and Spear of Destiny stuff occasionally. I always liked the Morricone-esque guitar sound. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I was a student for four years (for someone who appears so thick I have a degree and a post graduate qualification)at Coventry Polytechnic (okay, that might take the shine off it a bit) from 1986 to 1990. The story was that the Theatre of Hate/Spear of Destiny tour manager used to be the ents manager at the Poly so they used to play warm up gigs there. So, between the two bands I saw them something like seven times. 
    I’ve no idea who I could drag along to see them in a sweaty student venue in Digbeth in April 2023 but I’d kinda like to. Although conceivably it might lead to anxiety nightmares over my dissertation…
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom