A bridge for a telemaster with a p90 bridge pickup

What's Hot
citesquestioncitesquestion Frets: 35
edited December 2022 in Making & Modding
Considering ordering a broadly TM-like custom body and not sure what bridge to go for. P90 in the bridge so not a regular tele one

Strat hardtail bridge? (seems weirdly bulky) Tele short bridge? (at least some homage to the original) Hipshot? (nice and small)

Does it matter?

Go crazy and order a JM trem?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15274
    edited December 2022
    Is your hypothetical guitar body already drilled for bridge fastening screws and through stringing? Tele and hardtail Strat drilling patterns differ from each other. This will determine which bridge type you require.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Is your hypothetical guitar body already drilled for bridge fastening screws and through stringing? Tele and hardtail Strat drilling patterns differ from each other. This will determine which bridge type you require.
    Have an option to chose this for this build 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3222
    edited December 2022
    I suppose its a personal thing really, the footprint of the Tele Half bridge and Strat hardtail are pretty similar, I have both on different guitars, both are fine, I certainly dont find the Strat hardtail “bulky”..

Teles is likely to be 3 saddle, Strat has 6, so more adjustable, although in practice not that big a deal, go with your preference or the vibe you are going for 
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• WezVWezV Frets: 17500
    If going for a vibtage look I would use the tele half bridge. For a more modern aesthetic i would use the strat one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom