SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone: 2007 Gibson Custom Shop ES-339

What's Hot
danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2762
edited December 2022 in Guitars £
Picked up a nice 335 which I was after so selling my CS339. 

It’s a 2007 model, not a case queen, has some lacquer wear on the neck near binding and a couple of marks on body. Case has a bit of wear too as the guitar has been gigged. 

Nice weight, well balanced, strong on the sustain end of things and very lively to play. 

Based in Swansea, South Wales, happy to post or meet. 

£1995

Specs and comments from online. 
Features of note :
Solid center maple block
Laminated front, back, sides
30-60 neck profile
57 classic and 57 classic plus pickups
“Memphis tone circuit”
Side mounted jack

Construction and body style :
The ES339’s distinguishing feature is its smaller body. A tad bigger than a Les Paul, it is considerably smaller than an ES335, and has a solid maple block down the middle of the guitar. The feedback is considerably reduced, the guitar feels more comfortable to play standing up, and the overall tone is very different; punchier and more defined, while retaining the woody and airy nature of a semi hollow.

Neck profile:
Out of all the Gibson necks I have played, the 30-60 is probably the most comfortable shape I have encountered. It retains the quickness of the 60s neck, whit adding just a touch of girth that allows the hand to rest comfortably during more complex chords.

Electronics
The excellent 57 classic set. In my opinion, the finest pickup they make. If you are not familiar with it, do yourself a favor and try it out. The guitar also features a “Memphis tone circuit”, which essentially makes it so your high end doesn’t roll off with your volume. The Memphis Tone circuit utilizes 500K audio taper pots that operate with an interactive load that preserves high end as you turn down the volume. The loading effect preserves the full-bodied tone with rich midrange and singing sustain from the '57 Classic humbuckers while adding a very sweet bite.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3303
    I could be wrong, but didn't they launch in 2008?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Deijavoo said:
    I could be wrong, but didn't they launch in 2008?
    I'm not certain of the year but certainly a couple after 2005. I bought my CS336 in late '05 and the 339 didn't exist yet
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks @Deijavoo and @stickyfiddle. The serial number decoder online spot out 2005 but that’s indeed incorrect. Have done a bit more digging and with the CS serials, the first digit following CS indicates year (7), 2007, and second digit indicates Memphis (5). They’re were launched 2007 according to the wiki page so 2007 sounds correct. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Nice, Fred. I think it's the same colour as the one that I had, which you saw briefly I think. Just a really nice, light alternative to the bulkier 335.
    Call me Dave.
  • DB1 said:
    Nice, Fred. I think it's the same colour as the one that I had, which you saw briefly I think. Just a really nice, light alternative to the bulkier 335.
    Indeed, very similar colour and fade, and it’s nice with the dark back as well. Playing them side by side (with the 335) it is a more sensible weight and the neck position feels closer like an SG than a 335 so the first few positions aren’t as long a reach. 
  • Bump
  • Up