Late NGD - Last month, I bought, £ for £, the best guitar I've ever owned (Yammy 12-string content)

It's been a while, FB :)

It'd been a good while since I'd owned an entry level 12-string, but it was a gap in the collection that I definitely felt after a while. I went searching for something a little bit better than what I'd had previously, & after a good amount of research, I landed on the FG820-12. Solid spruce top, rosewood fingerboard, mahogany back & sides... What more could you ask for?

Well, GG had it listed at £380 down from £550 or so, & Andertons similarly so - But Andertons also had a second hand example for £180... It still had the plastic on the pickguard & everything. It looked like, at most, someone had used it for a song or two in the studio & sent it back/traded it in for something else. I guess acoustics/12-strings are a bit less likely to be listed at 80-90% of RRP when b-stock/used than electrics, which is definitely something to keep in mind when shopping for similar things in the future.

It's been with me a while, & while the traditional honeymoon period has long since gone, the guitar just continues to blow me away every time I pick it up. It's incredibly resonant, easy to play, & holds tune surprisingly well. If I'd bought it for £380 I'd have been chuffed with it, but at the £180 paid, I feel like I've taken the piss a little bit =)

If you find yourself in the market for a 12-string on a budge, this one has my wholehearted recommendation. Obligatory pictures below!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Blimey, all that for £180 is a steal! I can attest to the Yammy quality, just picked up an LS6 and the value/quality for money is off the charts. Good to see another  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    Blimey, all that for £180 is a steal! I can attest to the Yammy quality, just picked up an LS6 and the value/quality for money is off the charts. Good to see another  :)

Big agree - In my (albeit limited) experience, Yammy guitars are as good as you can get at pretty much any price point. I loved my 611's & will undoubtedly get a 612 some day.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom