Telecaster & Vibramate? Shouldn't be any issues?

What's Hot
Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1550
edited December 2022 in Making & Modding
Hi folks. I have a player series telecaster. Does what it says on the tin, and rather than buy another guitar with a trem system, I was thinking of getting a vibramate system. I would guess the neck would need to be shimmed or adjusted to accommodate a trem? I don't think there are any other options for a standard tele that would be temporary?
What about the stetsbar?
Might stick a SD little 59 in the bridge too!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3222
    Looking at the Vibramate web page, it looks pretty straightforward to do

Lil 59’s are a bit Marmite, I like them a lot
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• paulnb57 said:
    Looking at the Vibramate web page, it looks pretty straightforward to do

Lil 59’s are a bit Marmite, I like them a lot
    Yeah looks straight forward enough. The stetsbar looks neater / tidier . I wouldn’t be playing country music on whatever one I choose !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6375
    edited December 2022
    I've got a Bigsby on my 52 AVRI Telecaster fitted using the Vibramate kit. It works a treat and I didn't need to adjust the neck once it was installed. I did replace the brass saddles with the threaded steel versions to ensure the correct string alignment, but that was it. Great piece of kit it is.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • @equalsql yep, I am thinking of it next year. Really enjoying my telecaster at the moment. It's a standard Mexican one. There is a sea of telecaster options out there, so I aimed somewhere in the middle. Not sure I would even bother upgrading anything on it. **maybe** the pickups, but don't want to ruin any of it's good feeling with potentially installing a Bigsby on it...
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2473
    edited December 2022
    equalsql said:
    I've got a Bigsby on my 52 AVRI Telecaster fitted using the Vibramate kit. It works a treat and I didn't need to adjust the neck once it was installed. I did replace the brass saddles with the threaded steel versions to ensure the correct string alignment, but that was it. Great piece of kit it is.

I have the same setup on my Palir Titan C4, which it came with it from the manufacturer. Full disclosure:
    (1) I replaced the Bigsby spring with a Reverend Soft Touch - much better feel;
    (2) A Bigsby and Vibramate make for a weighty lump of metal so don’t stint on a nice load-spreading strap.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • oh yeah, I forgot about the extra weight !
  • Would anyone know what vibramate to get for a Mexican telecaster? I can see there are models for American teles and Vintage teles. Online info seems to suggest the Mexican spacing is vintage/classic vibe squier specs...
  • Bumping this to see if anyone might know? I have yet to get a reply from Vibramate.