SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Fender Custom Shop 61 Telecaster Relic 30th Anniv £2300

What's Hot
BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5120
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
So this has done a few rounds on here, but don't be put off, it's actually an amazing guitar and I was very surprised as I've never spent anytime with a Tele and it sounds incredible, plays lovely and best of all looks absolutely gorgeous. So why am I selling it you ask, well GAS innit. My fave relic came up for sale and I had to have it, so having already purchased it this is now for sale

(If my Christmas ship comes in, I'll be keeping it )

Fender Custom Shop 61 Tele Relic in Lake Placid Blue 30th Anniversary Edition in excellent condition, cased with certificate, candy etc.. The finish is absolutely amazing, it looks great and it's not slathered in thick nitro, it's a lovely thin finish so the relic work looks super realistic. Has all the twang, jangle and beef Teles are famous for and it's light too.

The neck has cut back nitro and the profile is lovely, fills the hand nicely without being boat neck thick.

Looking for SOLD £2300 collected, can do shipping at cost too, or I can do a meet up within a reasonable distance, and I cannot do any more trades, I have too many to shift now  

I will post more pics later, I just needed to get this listed as soon as I could. Quick note to mention, the pickups are now Seymour Duncan Antiquity II's which are nearly £400 on their own, the original Texas Special pickups were gone before I purchased it. Pics in this album: https://imgur.com/a/KfqLcp8

The yard is nothing but a fence, the sun just hurts my eyes...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
    You're right, been around a bit here.
    Cracking relic job, very convincing shade of LPB.
    The pickups I put in. The Texas Specials are truly horrid so I replaced them with more period correct Antiquity II - the best 60s style tele pickups you can buy in my humble view. They cost circa £300 from Anderson's and the guitar had a set up when I got it, which was much needed. 
    It's no reflection on the guitar that I sold it - merely that I wasn't into relics at the time. I'd have it back without doubt
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 5120
    edited January 2023
    Cheers, they're awesome pickups TBF, I have no point of reference for Teles but, they sound like I'd expect a Tele to, perfect for early Zep actually! If I hadn't just picked up my ideal Strat relic, it would be staying! In fact I'm already undecided whether to sell another one instead

Another guitar which ideally I'd like to keep, but due to picking up the aforementioned perfect relic it's on the block.....

Suhr Standard Throwback S1/S2 Swamp Ash in Trans-black. 

Originally sold by Guitar Guitar, I believe it's a 2017 model, it's seen some use and has some marks but the neck and frets are in great condition. It's had a replacement Humbucker, but fortunately the SSH+ has been switched for a Thornbucker. Plays superb and sounds awesome too, the MLs balance really well with the Thornbucker.

The good: nice looking, well balanced, superb playing guitar. Complete with gig bag, fret cover, wrenches, spec sheet etc. 

The bad: Some marks to the body from use and a new scratchplate was fitted, as the original was badly modded to fit a covered Humbucker at one point I think. I will include the original in the sale, this one was an eBay replacement that dropped right in and looks the business too. I also switched the pickup covers for genuine Fender parchment ones as they looked better with the other plastics. Lastly someone fitted a trem stop which I've removed but the holes are still in the cavity. I've included the trem stop in the bag.

https://www.suhr.com/product-archive/archived-instruments/suhr-throwback-s1s2-standard-pro/

Pics here: https://imgur.com/a/krKrp8b

Looking for £1650 SOLD or a decent offer, could ship or drop off somewhere depending although I don't have a box.... 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Cracking price on it. I know may be a case of needs must and things can be slow on here...but I do really hope that goes on to be used or passed on at similarly keen price and not just flipped for a quick profit. GLWS
  • Boromedic said:
    Cheers, they're awesome pickups TBF, I have no point of reference for Teles but, they sound like I'd expect a Tele to, perfect for early Zep actually! If I hadn't just picked up my ideal Strat relic, it would be staying! In fact I'm already undecided whether to sell another one instead ;)
    Did you buy the Landau Custom Shop? Gorgeous looking tele, glwts!
    Cracking price on it. I know may be a case of needs must and things can be slow on here...but I do really hope that goes on to be used or passed on at similarly keen price and not just flipped for a quick profit. GLWS
    Well fingers crossed, I'm not looking to profit at all and hopefully it will go to a good home....

Boromedic said:
    Cheers, they're awesome pickups TBF, I have no point of reference for Teles but, they sound like I'd expect a Tele to, perfect for early Zep actually! If I hadn't just picked up my ideal Strat relic, it would be staying! In fact I'm already undecided whether to sell another one instead ;)
    Did you buy the Landau Custom Shop? Gorgeous looking tele, glwts!
    Look out for a NGD near you .... ;)

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    I thought I recognised that fireplace! It was (obviously) mine at one point and it's a really lovely Tele. I thought that the neck was sensational.
    Call me Dave.
    DB1 said:
    I thought I recognised that fireplace! It was (obviously) mine at one point and it's a really lovely Tele. I thought that the neck was sensational.
    Sorry for the cheeky lend of the fireplace, the neck is lovely you're right!

Bump

• That fireplace is grate.....apology's.. i'll get me coat....

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Not as grate as the Tele!!!

• Very nice. 
    Bump

Post Christmas bump

Bump

Bump

Bump

edited January 2023
    Bump - Will ship at cost, I have a big enough box now :)

Bump - can ship if you're interested, I now have a big box!

Bump