SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - G6128T-57 Vintage Select ’57 Duo Jet™ with Bigsby .....in CADILLAC GREEN!

What's Hot
merlinmerlin Frets: 6884
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
I will regret this at some point but needs must. It's only a goddam Gretsch G6128T-57 VINTAGE SELECT duo jet in CADILLAC GREEN (which is the sexiest colour ever, probably since before time began. 

No longer in production and with the most bonkers and amazing dual TV Jones® T-Armond™ pickups. Not too shabby... I suspect that I'd be better off just letting the pictures do the talking. It's so beautiful that anything else I say will make it sound ugly. 

There are a couple of tiny marks and a small chip that I'll try to photograph but overall nothing that distracts from this thing of mental delicious. When I got it, the previous owner (from new) have had it wired with four pots behaving like a G**son, with two tones and two volume pots. So buy a G**son, I thought, but didn't say anything. I had it rewired and setup by Pedro Martins. Everything is perfect except that he couldn't use the original caps/treble bleed circuits because "repairer" before had rendered them unusable with his soldering iron, so he replaced with excellent caps of his own. It's marvellous. 

Those of you who are good with your eyes will notice that there is a replacement bridge. The original Synchro-Sonic is back on the guitar so it'll be stock.

Everything is right about this guitar, looks, weight, neck and mostly the sound. 

Here it is. I would rather not ship but could hand over anywhere in Brighton or London main city stations. Plus I have a gig in Leeds on the 26th of Jan. That may help. 

A mere £1850. 

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Stunning!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Ooh dear! I have played this briefly and it's beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous.
    Call me Dave.
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2493
    Holy moly!

That looks ace!

GLWTS
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    Crikey, that’s a looker. 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6884
    TheMarlin said:
    Crikey, that’s a looker. 
    Player and sounder too! 
  • Really beautiful. How is the neck profile?
    Chunky C apparently. 50s.  Similar to my other Gretsch guitars. 
  • Have a wow, but I’m afraid I can’t give you any cash. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump and to mention that I have a gig in Leeds on the 26th of Jan. That may help. Finish the gig around 9-10pm and staying over.....leaving on the 27th at the crack of dawn if anyone wants/needs then we can meet up. 
  • DazzaDazza Frets: 93
    WOW! Damn this lack of cash... GLWTS - Merry Crimbo!
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
    Pure class.
    And now sold pending exchange. Someone remind me not to play it until it changes hands. 
    Back up for sale. Come and get it. 
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 992
    Stunner….I can’t make out from the pics but does it have the string through bigsby..?
    • “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    No it doesn't but a replacement is easy enough to source. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6074
    skaguitar said:
    Stunner….I can’t make out from the pics but does it have the string through bigsby..?
    Man I bemoaned Gretsch for years because they never sorted out the issues that meant we had to work with old fashioned guitars. Then they came out with the modern players and I really didn’t like them. Felt like all the “Gretschiness” had been washed away in the modernisation somehow. 

These Vintage Select are the best Gretschs I’ve ever played. Exquisitely made and so very Gretschy, adore my 59 Jet. 

Just my opinion of course and worth exactly what you paid for it. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    edited January 2023
    dazzajl said:
    skaguitar said:
    Man I bemoaned Gretsch for years because they never sorted out the issues that meant we had to work with old fashioned guitars. Then they came out with the modern players and I really didn’t like them. Felt like all the “Gretschiness” had been washed away in the modernisation somehow. 

These Vintage Select are the best Gretschs I’ve ever played. Exquisitely made and so very Gretschy, adore my 59 Jet. 

Just my opinion of course and worth exactly what you paid for it.
    Yup. Wot he said!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    God tier
    Bump for the Cadillac green item of joy! 
  • This is a pretty as it gets. GLWTS!