Wampler Clarksdale OD

What's Hot
FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
edited September 2014 in FX
Sorely tempted, but it's probably Mike's playing.  Suspect like the Black '65 and Tweed '57, it's subtle and you could get the tone by tweaking your existing TS pedal(s) :)
"Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17918
    tFB Trader
    I think it's just a ts with a 3 band eq
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2404
    ^ I wouldn't put money on it not being that, put it like that. :))
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17918
    tFB Trader
    I think they are quite open about that's what it is. 

It's meant to be Brian Wamplers take on a modded TS. 
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2404
    edited September 2014
    oh yeah absolutely. I just meant I thought the blurb about it suggested he had done all these other mojo things to it as well.

but yeah definitely from what I've seen brian wampler does seem to be one of the good guys. i'm not suggesting otherwise, just to be clear. :)
  • Wondering whether to look for some different chips for my Lovepedal Eternity !  That said, it's too versatile with the one it's got already.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I think a lot of the Wampler stuff is like the Run-Off-Groove circuits - that is they're the amp schematic using JFets instead of valves... if that's the case then the tone stack will have an interesting interplay with the gain and each other, so more like 3 seperate eq profiles each going into a seperate tube screamer, with a master boost circuit in front of that. 

What this means is that it'll sound like an overdrive pedal but if you mess around with the mid range it'll affect the treble and bass, so you can spend a good time getting the eq set up just so. With the Umble, it's also really responsive to the volume and tone on the guitar too.

Of course anything that makes a certain clipped sound can be compared with the original - I think it's a mistake to discount it like that, because some pedals out there are a lot more responsive to the guitar controls and pick attack/position and that makes all the difference.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Very interesting Frank. End of, you have to play it and listen. Will await a suitable opportunity to try out the Clarksdale - it sounds glorious on the vid (seem to gravitate more towards that kind of sound than fuzz).
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Yeah also I've some bad news re the Bassment gigs... there's one in November but it won't feature Guthrie or Seth by all acounts :(
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • They've got to take their chances while they can - we have been mightily privileged in the past