Dylan interview in the WSJ

What's Hot
barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 643
The complete interview is on his website for anyone that wants to read it. (WSJ chopped lots out.)

Always interesting to hear what he's listening to (a few fun name-checks this time around), but the highlight is the brief discussion of his TV-watching habits:

"I’ve binge watched Coronation Street, Father Brown, and some early Twilight Zones […] I never watch anything foul smelling or evil. Nothing disgusting; nothing dog ass."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I enjoyed it until I got to the bit about being religious and believing in damnation etc… These Americans, eh. Even the intelligent, sane ones believe in God!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s good that Corrie offered him a guest spot on the cobbles. I’d watch that episode. 
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 363
    edited December 2022
    "A great song mutates, makes quantum leaps, turns up again like the prodigal son. It crosses genres. Could be punk rock, ragtime, folk-rock, or zydeco, and can be played in a lot of different styles, multiple styles."

This is why I start a lot of stuff on the piano to make sure the melody and harmony are right, before adding any colour or texture.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 363
    edited December 2022
    I enjoyed it until I got to the bit about being religious and believing in damnation etc… These Americans, eh. Even the intelligent, sane ones believe in God!
    We all believe in things that aren't true, even if we aren't aware of it.
  • I enjoyed it until I got to the bit about being religious and believing in damnation etc… These Americans, eh. Even the intelligent, sane ones believe in God!
    Wouldn’t be a surprise if he said the exact opposite in the next interview, though! He’s all over the map on religion.
  • If Bob had never written a song his interviews would still be better than most people's albums.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14794
    Dylan continuously obfuscates. He will say almost anything to throw journalists and obsessive fans off his scent. 

I picture His Bobness, chuckling to himself at the thought of "serious" American music journalists scouring old episodes of Coronation Street for pearls of wisdom. If they penetrate the dialect, what on Earth will they make of Annie Walker, Stanley Ogden and Albert Tatlock?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Girl from the North Country takes on a whole new meaning.
  • Sad Eyed Lady of the Rovers
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I could read this interview a thousand times and never become bored.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'