Komplete 13 for £260?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6276
    Thanks all - I will update later today. And possibly tomorrow morning! :-/

(Vague memories of installing Windows from a knee-high stack of floppy disks - it all seemed so easy.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm now back home and no matter what I try, 11 of the instruments do not repair. If I choose relocate or reinstall, the same process occurs:
    • choose Relocate for the instrument
    • red highlight around current path = wrong path (despite Finder showing that the path is correct)
    • OK, so click the path to update it
    • browse to find the same folder (confirmed in Finder)
    • green tick and highlight now shows the path is updated and correct
    • press [Done] and the repair seems to proceed
    • but afterwards nothing changes - still needs repair
    • choose Reinstall for the instrument
    • proceeds as normal but then needs repair again
    • quit/reboot/repeat/etc
    So I've opened a return request.

Oh well...
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2220
    edited January 2023
    Out of interest what are the 11? Are they libraries or VSTs? If they're Kontakt libraries I wonder whether you could locate them from within Kontakt.

It's not a competition.
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    I've never had any issue with installing NI stuff. Always thought it was pretty straightforward especially given the size of some of the programs. Once done, updating is OK via Native Access. 
    In my experience, PC. I've got the job of relocating some stuff on my daughter's Mac later, hopefully that won't be too bad, but I am prepared for a ballache. 
    Not a peep out of NI support - have sent two messages and got a support ticket number (but can see no way to get to the ticket after logging in and going to thre Support section).

ANyway, I recall one of the NI emails had a long and very detailed bit about returning and refunds. Looks like I will have to dig into that tonight.
  • @goldtop which 11 instruments don't install properly? I wonder if there's a pattern.

Also, I'm going from memory now (so this might not the quite right) but I had a problem with the installation of the Komplete Kontrol VSTi for a while. The installation would freeze in Native Access, but IIRC I found the installer sitting in the Downloads folder for Native Instruments. So I was able to run the installer from there. I think it then asked where I wanted to install the VSTi so I had to be careful to specify the correct place. It sorted itself out now.
    It's not a competition.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33884
    I would remove everything NI from Mac OS, reboot and reinstall.
    If you are remotely close to me and can bring the machine to me I can probably sort it out for you.
    PM me.
    @goldtop which 11 instruments don't install properly? I wonder if there's a pattern.
    From memory (Mac is at home now), it included Scarbee piano(s), etc. I think these are Kontakt libraries? Browsing the external drive shows folders for all of them and with the multi-GB files copied over. I was just going round in circles. There were no .aria files lingering in the Downloads folder - something which can create an issue according to various forum postings here and there. The installer has been pretty good in clearing up after itself, so there's just the DMG for the Native Access app left now.

Thanks @octatonic - I'll let you know. I thought about a complete delete/reinstall, but I am not sure how easy it is to fully delete all remnants of the NI software and various OS/library entries. The idea of another 24 hours of install + update + repair is challenging my will to live!
  • As a matter of interest, I didn't install Scarbee A-200, Scarbee Clavinet Pianet and Scarbee Mark 1. That's because I have Scarbee Vintage keys, which already covers those if I understand correctly (see link below). I'm not sure why I ended up with the duplication.

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/scarbee-vintage-keys-vs-scarbees-vintage-keys.436047/

It's not a competition.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33884
    goldtop said:

Thanks @octatonic - I'll let you know. I thought about a complete delete/reinstall, but I am not sure how easy it is to fully delete all remnants of the NI software and various OS/library entries. The idea of another 24 hours of install + update + repair is challenging my will to live!
    If you don't know where it all is then it will be difficult, but this isn't my first rodeo. :)

You can use an application like Clean my Mac X.
    I prefer a manual deinstall.
    Most of it is shown in the folders I showed earlier.

Also;
    Macintosh/Library/Application Support
    Macintosh/Library/Preferences
    Macintosh/Users/<your profile name>/Library/Application Support
    Macintosh/Users/<your profile name>/Library/Preferences

Also look in the plugin folders for AU, VST, VST3, AAX
    Also look in:
    Macintosh/Library/Launch Agent
    Macintosh/Library/Launch Daemons
    Macintosh/Users/<your profile name>/Library/Launch Agent