SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Strat !

What's Hot
carloscarlos Frets: 3591
edited December 2022 in Guitars £
Looking for my 3rd strat this month.

I'm flexible, but here are some guidelines on what I want.

Essential
< £1k
SSS pickup config. No HSS with a split, or 3 P90's or whatever. 
A colour I don't have, so neither black, nor sunburst, nor natural.
6 screw standard bridge. 2 post is okay, too, but I'm not a Wilkinson trem fan, and no double locking trems.

Nice to have
Fender headstock shape. If blank, there's always decals, too.
Locking tuners. I'll end up changing them to locking tuners, but it saves me the money and hassle.
Well set up, as in useable without me having to wait a month for my busy tech to get to it.
As flat a fretboard as possible, although I've made peace with 9.5", but would really prefer a compound or >12"

Unimportant
Woods for body, neck, and fretboard.
Relic or not relic. I like them all.
Fret size.
Any other quirks your guitar might have, like if it's a neck-through strat, or has a boost circuit or something. I don't really care tbh.
The pickups on it, as I have a set I love which I'll likely transplant into it. Might be you take them off before you sell me your guitar and make some money?
Case, OHSC, gig bag, I have plenty so no need for more.

Could be interesting?
You're a fan of guitarist XYZ and you built a replica of their signature model, or the actual guitar they use. Cool?! As long as it somewhat fits the guidelines above. For example, your regular Yngwie signature copy/replica would be most welcome!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments