Donald Kinsey: On Playing With Albert King, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh...

JasOJasO Frets: 97

In this extensive 1985 interview originally done for Guitar Player magazine, blues and reggae guitar great Donald Kinsey, one of my favorite people in the music business, recounts his extraordinary career playing with Bob Marley and the Wailers, Peter Tosh, Albert King, Big Daddy Kinsey, and the new band he was about to launch with his brothers, the Kinsey Report. This complete transcription is over 10,000 words, too long to post here, so here's a link:

Donald Kinsey: On Playing With Albert King, Bob Marley, Peter Tosh...

I hope you enjoy our conversation!

#BobMarley #PeterTosh #albertking #DonaldKinsey #thekinseyreport #talkingguitar #jasobrecht
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It’s a public holiday with horrible weather this side of the pond today so this is good timing for a read! I have a Kinsey Report album somewhere I shall have to dig out. 

Tosh was a remarkable character and my favourite reggae artist (not that he’d have been all that interested in the approval of a white Englishman I think) so will be interesting to see what Kinsey has to say. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • https://youtu.be/DQR3miNjT5M

Not the best sound quality but this came up on my YouTube suggestions this evening, Tosh live with Kinsey. You can see why Donald is maybe a little non-committal about the religious aspect of working with Tosh in your interview but there’s some very nice soloing. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom