Celestion Creamback vs Eminence Wizard

CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
Has anyone compared the above speakers?

Was going to sell my Cornford Carrera but now going to keep it and was thinking about putting a creamback in it instead of the Wizard.  Good swap?  Any other speakers that are worth a look and good for an open back combo?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Eminence do not recommend the Wizard for combos.  It is one of the loudest and most in you face speaker.  Personally having tried it both in combos and cabs I wouldn't say it's unsuitable for combos, it's just very, very particular.

I don't think the two are that comparable speaker as the Wizard (regardless of what Eminence say) isn't really a cross between a Greenback and a V30, it's a V30 with more low end.

The Private Jack is a great speaker, much more like the Creamback.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    ^ Yeah the wizard is their g12h30-alike, isn't it? (Not sure how close, I haven't tried it.)

Unless he's talking about the creamback g12h30, I suppose.
  • Sorry, model numbers probably help with the celestions.  I was looking at the G12H-75.

I had actually bought the Wizard on the basis that it was similar to the g12h-30 but with more power handling so interesting that it may be closer to a V30.

I do want at least 50W power handling so I can use the combo as a 1x12 cab at smaller gigs.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2462
    Just bear in mind that Eminence is a bit optimistic with its power ratings (and also its senstivities). I'm not sure how much more wattage-handling it's capable of over and above the bog standard G12H30, let alone the creamback version of it.