Updated Joyo PXL-8 Switchernow with midi.

What's Hot
longilongi Frets: 95
edited September 2014 in FX
Well that's gone and done it! Now Joyo have updated the PXL-8 switcher and added midi to it... I now want one... It's dirt cheap too and has 2x relays for switching which is handy as my MJW Orion's channel relay's are opposite to my HT-5 channel relays.... Hmmmmm........ It's around £102.99 over on the bay too. God help my wallet!

http://www.joyoaudio.com/en/product/show_204.html
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Don't think I can resist at that price!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17918
    tFB Trader
    Thomann are selling them as Harley Benton FXL
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    Aye they are, but they're also more expensive and it's the more more basic version.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6252
    longi said:
    Aye they are, but they're also more expensive and it's the more more basic version.
    Thanks for the warning.. have a wiz on me  :)

This switcher is really good value, and Joyo products seem to be pretty reliable too (unlike Biyang).
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Yep, got one, great little unit, does what it says on the tin, easy to set up.

Was working flawlessly with my Bogner, however, with the smaller Egnater, it seems to "pop" on preset change a bit, not every time, but intermittently, I think its to do with a certain loop combination.

In saying that, live, the popping is unaudible so no biggy.

Its also great that you send a PC and CC message at the same time, so you can change a preset on the Timeline and change a parameter!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    Anybody got dimensions for this beasty?

The Joyo website's a little light on documentation and I'm kind of wondering whether it'll fit on my board...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • @JayGee It's 54cm (w) x 7cm (D) and 4cm (H). Bear in mind that in addition to the 7cm depth you need to factor in the the patch cables which will come out of the back of it. Check out the picture from @welshboyo from the other thread at http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/22484/joyo-pxl-live-in-da-house

• longilongi Frets: 95
    equalsql said:
    longi said:
    Thanks for the warning.. have a wiz on me  :)

This switcher is really good value, and Joyo products seem to be pretty reliable too (unlike Biyang).
    Hey thanks! I think for the money it's a no brainer, I'm seriously thinking about getting one.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I have to say, this is the first Joyo pedal I'm interested in, and I hate myself for it :(

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1284
    @JayGee It's 54cm (w) x 7cm (D) and 4cm (H). Bear in mind that in addition to the 7cm depth you need to factor in the the patch cables which will come out of the back of it.
    Thanks for that, I foresee a certain amount of fiddling around with bits of cut-out card in my future... :-)

Doubt it'll fit on the current board but it'll be interesting to see what I can put together around it...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • joeyowen said:
    I have to say, this is the first Joyo pedal I'm interested in, and I hate myself for it :(

Joyo might have a bit of a cheapo rep from their pedal range but the PXL switchers are very solid, well-built pieces of kit and excellent value for money.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    joeyowen said:

Joyo might have a bit of a cheapo rep from their pedal range but the PXL switchers are very solid, well-built pieces of kit and excellent value for money.
    I get this is looking good, just find it hard to trust it a little bit

saying that, the other pedals seem to be ok, they're just too cheap damnit! 
  • I have a couple of their cheapo pedals which sound GREAT but I wouldn't trust the build quality for a gig. However the switchers are built like TANKS.
    tFB Trader
    Anyone know if you can get it and two rows of pedals on a pedaltrain 2?
  • What are the dimensions of the PT2? I have a PT1 and two rows of pedals and there's no way they would all fit on with the PXL Pro unless they were the size of Mooers or small Xotics. I'm wondering what to do with mine because it's a great piece of kit but I don't want to upsize my board. At the moment I use it at home for messing about with pedals which aren't currently on my board.
  • One benefit of a loop switcher is that you can be more creative with the use of space on your pedal board.  Unless you still *need* to stomp on them, then you only need whatever access to the controls you usually change.

A creative approach to laying out with this in mind, including the possibility of mounting fixed parameter pedals underneath a unit like the pedal train, gives the possibility of relinquishing some real estate on your board, maybe enough for another pedal or two even.  Just a thought...

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    One benefit of a loop switcher is that you can be more creative with the use of space on your pedal board.  Unless you still *need* to stomp on them, then you only need whatever access to the controls you usually change.

A creative approach to laying out with this in mind, including the possibility of mounting fixed parameter pedals underneath a unit like the pedal train, gives the possibility of relinquishing some real estate on your board, maybe enough for another pedal or two even.  Just a thought...

A good thought at that!  Someone should start making mini pedals with trim post to set and forget to put under a board like a Pedaltrain, like a modular multi-fx....I like that idea

• Anyone know if you can get it and two rows of pedals on a pedaltrain 2?
    No you can't @monquixote, I bought a PT3 to replace my 2..might do at a squeeze though with angled plugs...

see my pic earlier on up the thread which is a PT3
    tFB Trader
    That pretty much rules it out for me. 

Any bigger on the floor board and I'd be concerned about it fitting on some of the smaller stages.