Joni Mitchell

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Like anyone who's had a long career it's hard to like everything they've ever done, but there'll be times when they ride a wave that's just right for you. At other times it will just pass you by. 

I feel Joni is a songwriting genius who - at times - has been able to support her writing with a group of excellent musicians who "served the song". For me, the "Court & Spark", "Hejira", and "Blue" albums show that off perfectly - despite there being one or two duffers on them. "Miles Of Aisles" is a nice live recording of a particularly good band.

Amelia, Coyote - two examples of great songs with great lyrics telling a story. She had a talent for telling a story in an honest yet interesting way.

But her voice puts some people off. If you don't like it, you don't like it. Usually, I do.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For me it’s Hejira and chalk mark in a rainstorm, just sublime. I also like John Martin.
  • Martyn bloody predictive text
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    I don't really know anything about her but I remember watching that documentary/movie about David Crosby and noticed that it seemed he considered her on a different level to all the rest of those guys. Like she was working on a different plain. Her and Bob Dylan.