SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: sub £200 Les Paul/Telecaster/offset/SG

What's Hot
littlethoughtslittlethoughts Frets: 649
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
So I am thrilled to find that now my second niece has taken up the guitar, having been learning on her older sisters squier strat for the last year. her birthday is coming up at the end of January so I have been tasked with getting her her own. She does not want a strat-type, but likes the look of telecasters, SGs, offsets and Les Pauls. Red is a preferred colour, but others are acceptable as long as they are "not boring". I could potentially pick up if near to Oxford, or potentially if near to Bristol. Budget is no more than £200, what do we have?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have recently bought a brand new Jet branded Telecaster for 160 from an online shop. GAK,Merchant City and Absolute Music,among others sell them and they are excellent guitars. You could also modify as you go along too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15014
    "not boring". 
    Define boring.  :)

It might help to know the child's age to make allowances for hand size. Has she expressed any preference for scale length, neck profile or number/type of pickups?

Similarly, what are her objections to the Stratocaster? e.g. Middle pickup and/or volume knob get in the way.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Something like this maybe? Definitely not boring. Other than that I have no knowledge of this guitar...

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_te_90qm_trans_red.htm

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • "not boring". 
    Define boring.  :)

It might help to know the child's age to make allowances for hand size. Has she expressed any preference for scale length, neck profile or number/type of pickups?

Similarly, what are her objections to the Stratocaster? e.g. Middle pickup and/or volume knob get in the way.
    Objections primarily that she wants something different to her sister! she’s 13 but very tall and has been happily playing a standard sized squier strat and a standard size acoustic. She’s also been learning bass on an old p-bass copy I got her.