who is going to pay me to sleep

What's Hot
Oh man I just want to sleep for the rest of my life.

There must be some uni that can experiment on me!
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15916
    edited September 2014
    I've had 4 nights of disturbed sleep now (cat trouble, cat trouble, wife throwing up, cat trouble) and I'm wandering round like a zombie. And we've got the builders in all week, so can't even sleep in.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• VimFuego said:
    I've had 4 nights of disturbed sleep now (cat trouble, cat trouble, wife throwing up, cat trouble) and I'm wandering round like a zombie. And we've got the builders in all week, so can't even sleep in.
    An ex-girlfriend of mine used to use the phrase "I've got the builders in" once per month. Always a slightly ambiguous phrase for me...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm unable to sleep without pain killers (major post surgery complications), so on Saturday night I decided to change my drug selection to a more effective morphine based one.

I woke up Sunday morning feeling OK, then five minutes before a buyer for my Les Paul turned up, I felt like I was going to throw up and was sweating buckets. I ended up spending the best part of the day in bed.

Last night I skipped any meds and slept like shite :(

after her surgery mrs f was given morphine based pain relief that she had a bit of a nasty reaction to, it also made her nauseous and sweaty. She ended up using a combination of paracetomol and ibroprofen as they were the only ones she could keep down. We still had the morphine ones they sent her home with, though I think we binned them when we moved.

• VimFuego said:
    after her surgery mrs f was given morphine based pain relief that she had a bit of a nasty reaction to, it also made her nauseous and sweaty.
    I have exactly the same reaction to co-codamol. Paracetamol/ibuprofen isn't quite as effective, but it at least lets me function when my back's playing up.
    <space for hire>
  • I'm on a new drug with an unpronounceable name. One of its side effects is that you go for a wee frequently. So I get up several times a night. However after the first get-up I don't go back to sleep again until it's nearly daylight. Then I go back to sleep and wake up far too late for a "normal" start at the day job. Fortunately my employer is flexible, and he knows that I won't defraud him of effort so I catch up in the evening after everyone else has gone home. Sleep deprivation makes you feel like a lump of dog shit. It's easy to see why governments of the more unpleasant kind would use it for getting information or false confessions out of people.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    VimFuego said:
    after her surgery mrs f was given morphine based pain relief that she had a bit of a nasty reaction to, it also made her nauseous and sweaty.
    I have exactly the same reaction to co-codamol. Paracetamol/ibuprofen isn't quite as effective, but it at least lets me function when my back's playing up.
    yup, as mrs f said at the time, it didn't kill the pain as well as the morphine, but it didn't make her throw up. Guess when you've got an 8" incision in your belly, not throwing up is a good thing.

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Statins?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • VimFuego said:
    yup, as mrs f said at the time, it didn't kill the pain as well as the morphine, but it didn't make her throw up. Guess when you've got an 8" incision in your belly, not throwing up is a good thing.
    "not throwing up is a good thing" is a mantra of mine on its own, incisions or no. I'd rather put up with a bit of surplus pain than have no pain but be chucking up all the time.
    <space for hire>
  • Back to the OP: you should have "worked" for Plessey semiconductors:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1314&dat=19830811&id=iu8vAAAAIBAJ&sjid=ve4DAAAAIBAJ&pg=7263,5159276
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    Become an MP. :D
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16089
    VimFuego said:

feline poor are we?

*groan*

tae be or not tae be
  • I long for a good nights sleep. I can't remember the last one. Probably only weeks but feels like months or even years.

Between the dog and a toddler I always get disturbed. It's not funny. I rarely sleep before 1am anyway but then to be woken up once, twice or sometimes three times before 6 is, as I said, not funny :-S
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Ever come across the idea of segmented sleep? That's how I've slept for the last 10 years (only just found out what it is), and it actually helps in these situations. Essentially, your body is used to a period of wakefulness in the night, so when things like this happen it doesn't screw you up for the following day(s).

For what it's worth, I never sleep more than three or four hours at a time (I usually have an hour of non-sleep around 3am). I used to see it as a major problem, but actually I tend to feel better now that I just go with it.
    <space for hire>
  • IMO it's OK to "go with it" but you need other people to be tolerant with your timing in the morning
  • Start a Rip Van Winkle tribute act, or even a sleeping beauty one so yiu can wear yiur princess dress.