Jesus & Mary Chain's Shin Ei Fuzz Wah

What's Hot
timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1294
in FX tFB Trader
I poasted this over at Shortscale, but reckon it's up youse guys street as well.

I've got two of these guys here, so I shot a quick demo. The work I did on them was thus: adding two millenium bypass circuits with LEDs so they'd know when the wahs were on, and added a DC socket to one of them. Stop watching at 6mins if you don't want to see stuff about the Fredric Super Unpleasant Companion!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• My ears are bleeding! \m/ Some very harsh fuzz going on there. Are the Shin-ei pedals not expensive collector's items now? Interesting they are still gigging ( and modding) them.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    %-(

Not my bag - each to their own, but those Shin Ei things just sounds like something has gone wrong with either the amp or the pedal...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I like 'em.  

Nice work, @timhulio. Thank you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • all I can hear are clattering strings and a muffled noise. 

for demo purposes I think it would help your cause to mike up your amp some distance away from your guitar.

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I've binned so many Shin -Ei pedals in the past that I bought at car boots in the '80s. Used to pick them up for a couple of quid, abuse them and then bin them in my teens.

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1294
    tFB Trader
    all I can hear are clattering strings and a muffled noise. 

for demo purposes I think it would help your cause to mike up your amp some distance away from your guitar.

No, you can hear the sound of the pedals quite clearly. I think you're just being an obnoxious prick as usual.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Surley if he was being obnoxious, he'd of mentioned needing a tuner?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timhulio said:
    all I can hear are clattering strings and a muffled noise. 

No, you can hear the sound of the pedals quite clearly. I think you're just being an obnoxious prick as usual.
    No you cant, you really can't, I managed to catch the several bummed notes and badly played passages but it was mainly drowned out by the clattering of the strings. You might want to think about using a tuner before a demo as well. 

I really do wonder how you manage to shift "boutique" pedals when your hearing appears to be so impaired. I guess its a good thing all you do is copy others work and stick it in a different sized box eh?

To be fair you are such an arrogant arse wipe I dont think helpful criticism would sink through that thick, lead lined head of yours. 

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22601
    edited September 2014
    ^
    It's like reading the first draft for Mean Girls. 

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1294
    tFB Trader
    Yep, a real piece of work.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    I thought that was cool as fuck! Nice one!!
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • I can see how it could sound great in context of band.