Eye Vees

What's Hot
We have some Important Visitors today. The chances are they could end up spending Lots Of Money on our kit. The MD is even wearing a suit (he doesn't usually), and my immediate boss has a shirt with a collar instead of his usual T shirt.

The MD often shows IVs round the building, but this time he hasn't been in our room to put us software scruffbags on display. That's OK with me but it could mean that he doesn't want his IVs to see us oiks, as if he thinks sight of us could lose him the deal.
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

It's the air-guitaring and singing into imaginary mics that's the problem.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• Following the dress code to job title formula I'm worried that if the MD is in a suit, and your boss is in a shirt, you might just be in your boxers.  Could this be the issue?

:D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • We get this everytime there's either important potential customers, or the big bosses from Germany or the US over.

We all have too tidy our desks, and last time it was on a "dress down friday" which was cancelled (so I couldn't wear my Lancaster bomber T-shirt for the Germans, they love that)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Following the dress code to job title formula I'm worried that if the MD is in a suit, and your boss is in a shirt, you might just be in your boxers.  Could this be the issue?

I don't wear boxers
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • Phil_aka_Pip said:
    We have some Important Visitors today. The chances are they could end up spending Lots Of Money on our kit. The MD is even wearing a suit (he doesn't usually), and my immediate boss has a shirt with a collar instead of his usual T shirt.

The MD often shows IVs round the building, but this time he hasn't been in our room to put us software scruffbags on display. That's OK with me but it could mean that he doesn't want his IVs to see us oiks, as if he thinks sight of us could lose him the deal.

Following the dress code to job title formula I'm worried that if the MD is in a suit, and your boss is in a shirt, you might just be in your boxers.  Could this be the issue?

I don't wear boxers
    And there we have the answer! :-O

;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lol @ lgm ;) 
  • This is beginning drift into,the "too much information' scenario. 

But yes in my experience techs and coders get hidden away like pit ponies and bridge trolls so as not to upset the VIPs delicate sensibilities.

I did misread this thread title somewhat and did expect to see a rant from a jewish mother whose kids never called or cared.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I don't wear boxers
    So the company provided you with a commode?
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • There's some logic failures around here. A bloke says he doesn't wear boxers and you lot assume he's sat there starkers at least from the waist down.

Still, it's all in the cause of a few cheap laughs ;)

We don't think your starkers Phil.

We've heard the rumors about stockings and suspender belts.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • another cheap lol for mike
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Hell yeah.

Admit it Phil, you giggled a bit......

• I did
    Good man.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28098
    There's some logic failures around here. A bloke says he doesn't wear boxers and you lot assume he's sat there starkers at least from the waist down.

Still, it's all in the cause of a few cheap laughs ;)
    That's not very nice. 

If you're sat there starkers (free world and all that) and people come in and start laughing ... 

Well, it's *cold* in your office.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.