The Smile Tiny Desk

What's Hot
Enjoyed this one, had been looking forward to it since @roberty posted a pic of Jonny's pedals in this thread https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/237513/do-i-really-need-an-sd-1/p2

Thought the sax worked really well in the first tune, thought it was effects on Thom's voice at first!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27833
    I hate to say it but... while I've loved Radiohead for a long time (20 years since I first saw them this summer; I even like Amnesiac..); but The Smile stuff leaves me completely cold :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    I am a fan. It was my most played Spotify album of 2022 (although most of my listening is offline). Saw them at Magazine in Feb and again in Victoria Park in the summer. They are gifted arrangers and it is a spectacle to see true multi-instrumentalists at work. Stark contrast to so many bands that use backing tracks. A definite high point of the festival season
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    I really enjoyed the Tiny Desk even though their album didn't get a lot of plays from me.
  • I love the album, really enjoyed the Tiny Desk, but occasionally found myself missing what Ed and Colin bring. Ultimately though, huge fan of Thom and Jonny and really enjoy hearing them in different contexts.
    I love the album, really enjoyed the Tiny Desk, but occasionally found myself missing what Ed and Colin bring. Ultimately though, huge fan of Thom and Jonny and really enjoy hearing them in different contexts.
    I wonder if they'll do Radiohead again. It so loaded with expectation. I can see why they'd want to take the heat off
  • roberty said:
    I love the album, really enjoyed the Tiny Desk, but occasionally found myself missing what Ed and Colin bring. Ultimately though, huge fan of Thom and Jonny and really enjoy hearing them in different contexts.
    I wonder if they'll do Radiohead again. It so loaded with expectation. I can see why they'd want to take the heat off
    I think there was an interview with Phil recently where he said they were meeting up early this year. Who knows whether that's to write or just hang out, but they've not really given a shit about anyone's expectations musically for about 20 years, so fingers crossed...
    roberty said:
    I think there was an interview with Phil recently where he said they were meeting up early this year. Who knows whether that's to write or just hang out, but they've not really given a shit about anyone's expectations musically for about 20 years, so fingers crossed...
    That's good to hear. The Smile in Victoria Park were second billing after Nick Cave and they really seemed like they were enjoying themselves.  There's so much hysteria around everything Radiohead do, it's probably quite nice for them to escape that
  • roberty said:
    roberty said:
    That's good to hear. The Smile in Victoria Park were second billing after Nick Cave and they really seemed like they were enjoying themselves.  There's so much hysteria around everything Radiohead do, it's probably quite nice for them to escape that
    Ah wow, would love to see Nick Cave, Colin Greenwood on bass right?