SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Ipad NOW SORTED

tugwellguitartugwellguitar Frets: 76
edited January 2023 in Misc £
Not majorly fussy about model  ,ideally something fairly recent with good battery.

Many Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pjfpjf Frets: 347
    I got a refurbished one recently just to use as a music display / remote for Apple Music. Lives on a stand on my desk. Was dubious at first when it seemed slow to take a charge but the battery is awesome on it. Lasts weeks. No 3 or 4G, wifi only, was about £150 and in perfect nick. Ebay seller name I just looked up, “limetropic”.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    pjf said:
    I got a refurbished one recently just to use as a music display / remote for Apple Music. Lives on a stand on my desk. Was dubious at first when it seemed slow to take a charge but the battery is awesome on it. Lasts weeks. No 3 or 4G, wifi only, was about £150 and in perfect nick. Ebay seller name I just looked up, “limetropic”.
    For an older iPad a good battery will take longer to charge than a bad battery, because it can hold more charge therefor it lasts longer. 
    A dirty lighting port can cause slow charging though as well due to the resistance of the port. If the port gets overly warm during charging then that's a sure soon. 

The charger for an iPad needs to be an iPad 12.5W not a little phone one. 

More modern iPads and phones can charge at a higher voltage via USB C 9V rather than 5V  so 18W ish which is quicker. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Thanks for great info guys,very useful advice  from  both of you .
    Cheers.
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4211
    I’ve got an iPad 8 128GB that I’m about to list. Is that suitable?
    Trading feedback thread:https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172761/drofluf

Sporky: "Drofluf is a reverse vampire, who always appears in mirrors."
  • pjf said:

I paid £80 on Gumtree for an iPad 2.  I was reluctant to pay much more because it is used purely for running Piascore (music chart manager).  I have newer iPad minis for other stuff.  Happy with the purchase, a lot easier to manage than a ring binder full of hard copy charts.  The battery is showing signs of age but still good for around 6 hours and that's all I need. 
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    Keep and eye on

they have Gtee'd refurb's for not a lot from time to time + 10% for signing up to their newsletter.

• Thanks for great help with this one , I think I’m sorted now .