SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: MIJ Thinline Telecaster, MIM Telecaster, Greco Les Paul Junior, Harmony Bobkat - ALL SOLD

What's Hot
intactradiointactradio Frets: 6
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
I'm moving to the US in a couple of months and need to sell a bunch of gear to help pay for the frankly criminal up-front fees needed to rent an apartment in Boston.

All items can be collected in North Berwick, just outside of Edinburgh, and I'd be happy to meet in Edinburgh or Glasgow if needed.  I'll post most things within the UK, buyer pays postage, but I'd prefer not to ship outside of the UK if possible because things can get messy.

Harmony H15 Bobkat (£500) NOW SOLD
1964 Harmony H15 Bobkat.  KILLER DeArmond gold foil pickups.  These pickups are incredible.  The guitar itself is also in pretty good condition.  Some dings as you'd expect for a guitar that's nearly 60 years old, and some paint wear.  Super fun, super noodly, short scale guitar.  If it's good enough for Rick Froberg and for Annie Clarke then it's good enough for me (and you).  Gutted to be selling this but I'm sure I'll find another in Boston soon enough.  No case unfortunately.

Fender Thinline Telecaster MIJ (£750) NOW SOLD
This is from the 80s.  Serial number dates it to 1985 but as I understand it the MIJ thinline telecaster serial number dating isn't super accurate.  Guitar is in great condition.  Bridge pickup has been swapped for a Seymour Duncan something or another.  I have the original also.  Comes with hard case.

Greco Les Paul Junior (£375) NOW SOLD
I believe this is from sometime in the late 1970s, made in Japan.  It has a set neck and has had a neck repair at the heel, but it's super-solid.  The guitar is an absolute beast and is the closest you'll get to a double-cut Les Paul Junior without spending nuts money.  I've no idea why Gibson haven't reissued an affordable version of the Les Paul Junior double-cut as it's one of their coolest models.  Anyway, low action, straight neck, usual dings you'd expect for a 40-something year old guitar, and sounds like a monster.  Comes with a hard case.

Fender Classic 60's Telecaster MIM (£450) NOW SOLD
2008 Classic 60's Telecaster in Candy Apple Red.  What can I say?  It's a solid, well made Telecaster with a straight neck which plays beautifully.  There are a couple of dings as would be expected, and two screw-holes beside the bridge where I had previously installed a different bridge/pickup combo.  These guitars have great reputations for a good reason.  No case sadly.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments