SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Custom Shop ‘65 Relic Strat JRN / CC 3-Colour Sunburst

What's Hot
LesorpheeLesorphee Frets: 16
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
This is a gorgeous, mint condition 2019 Custom Shop ‘65 Strat in sunburst, with an AAA Cites Rosewood fingerboard, in a Relic finish. 

image gallery is here;

The journeyman relic’ing is beautifully done, with great laquer checking and a few dings, but overall has been done sparingly. All the dings and marks are courtesy of Fender, rather than any mishandling!
This is spec’d as a Journeyman / Closet Classic combo, the body features the JM relic, the hardware is CC. It’s just enough to feel comfortable and work in, but hasn’t been dragged down the street. 

The neck is interesting on this, flamed maple with lovely figuring on the back. I haven’t seen many like this before, at least in my own experience.

COA, Floor Traveller, and custom shop pack included (with spare trem springs, keys etc) and in its original pristine custom shop hardcase.

The relic back plate and tremolo arm are included but not pictured (removed to show the back cavity!)

The neck is very comfortable, spec’d as follows

‘65 Strat ‘C’ Shape
9.5” radius,
0.820 first fret
0.974 twelfth fret

Pickups are Handwound ‘65 with relic covers, and sound great. I believe these are specific to Custom shop models. 
The guitar is wired with the Vintage Mod #2 custom shop variation.

Floor Traveller document contains all the specifics, in the photos.

A very reluctant sale, but there’s something fabulous replacing it, so the time has come to send it on. 

Only played at home, and well looked after, I am its only owner. 

Happy to answer any questions, and feel free to DM.

I’m listing it at £3000, which seems about right based on other listings I’ve seen, but I also realise the world is on fire and the market perhaps isn’t what it was, so I’m open to sensible offers (as well as any guidance based on recent experience selling or buying this model)

In terms of trade / part-x, I'd prefer to sell it, but I’m keeping an eye out for the following, so could figure something out (with cash in either direction, depending on the instrument etc)

Gibson CS R0 Les Paul
Taylor GS Mini
Novo Solus or Novo Signature

Based in central scotland (near Glasgow) if you want to check it out first. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Updated with a reduced price and a note on trade/part x
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump
  • Still available!
  • 0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hello, this is still available, trade details updated
  • Updated photo album, I had a few requests for details of the cavity, pickups etc, as well as closeups on the frets and fretboard.

All are detailed here, frets and fretboard are perfect, with full heights on the frets and no indentations. 

Pickups are handwound by Bricenda Pineda in the Custom Shop, again, detailed in the photos. 

https://imgur.com/a/sO82ABO