SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE: Gibson SG Special

AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
edited March 2023 in Guitars £
For sale is a Gibson SG Special 2007, acquired from the good gentlemen @Kuras of this parish in 2021. It was previously advertised here:
https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/206141/sold-2007-gibson-sg-special
Everything is as in that advert, with a setup added in the meantime and D'Addario NYXL 10-42. Copied from there, with due copyright noted, and whatever he says:
There was a headstock fracture from when it fell from a Hercules stand. Luckily it was a very clean, small fracture. The gap between the wood was barely a millimetre wide. This was expertly repaired by the fantastic guys at Waghorn Guitars in Bristol. They did a splendid job.
- One of the tuners got knocked off during the fall, I couldn’t get hold of a Gibson tuner at the time so I ended up using a Schaller.
- I replaced the knobs with witch hats, I do not have the originals.
- I replaced with bridge with a Gotoh tune-o-matic, I no longer have the original.
- I added surrounds to the humbuckers.

I am looking for £400 collected from Cambridgeshire, or I can deliver in or on the way to Warwickshire.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AmigoAmigo Frets: 120
    Updated for a straight sale.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have been asked and the neck shape, which is described as Rounded '50. Official measurements are 0.83"/21cm at the first fret.
    A few more measurements for whoever is interested:
    - Nut width: 42.3mm
    - String spacing at nut: 35.9mm
    - Depth at first fret: 20.9mm
    - Width at 12th fret: 52.6mm
    - Depth at 12th fret:24.3mm
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    I like the look of the pickup rings on the pickguard. Very cool

I got a similar one of these as Amazon B stock in 2016 for a bit more than this. The knobs were smashed in, it had obviously taken a nasty knock. I got it for modding anyway and it has become my most gigged and longest serving guitar. Definitely recommend
  • This is an absolute bargain!

I own one of these that a previous owner replaced the HBs with p90s. Plays and sounds like a dream.
    Couldn't agree more! :)
  • What a great looking guitar. If the buyer gets bored please let me know. I fancy a P90 mod as mentioned above.