SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

New FS thread - Smitty, Gibson, Fender, Taylor... Price drops!

kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
Bit of a new for sale thread with some nice bits and bobs. Mainly stuff I've got in trade but he Smitty was from new and the Greco off reverb, I think. Can post by arrangement with buyer, or pickup/meetup in/near London/Devon. 

First up - Smitty Model 4 in Pelham Blue. I'm a huuuuge fan of Smitty guitars and this is a cracker. Beautiful neck, Lovely finish and the Smitty mini humbuckers are amazing (and the push/pull in the tone pot adds the middle 'bucker in any position).  Few minor dings as pictured but nothing dramatic, Truly an absolute cracker - £2,250  £2,100 £2,000

Taylor T3/B 2009 - LTD (Macassar Ebony) 

Lovely guitar and again very versatile with coil splits on both pickups with push/pull on the volume and tone pots. This is a limited edition (per the spec sheet below). Buckle scratch across the back but otherwise clean - £1950 now £1900 which is crazy for such a good guitar

Gibson Les Paul Special - 2005 - £1,400 £1,350

Got this in a trade on reverb. Cracking guitar... in the seller's own words...

This is a custom Gibson Les Paul special. This 2005 model was professionally refinished as a gold top, and has a custom hand wound humbucker sized P-90 in the neck, with the original Gibson humbucker in the bridge.

This is the most classic Gibson sounding guitar I’ve personally played.

The Bigsby tremolo was professionally installed during the refinishing process.

There are very minor nicks which I have attempted to photograph, otherwise looks like a brand new modern classic.

These Les Paul Specials are known for their flat top, belly carve on the back, and mini trapezoid inlays.

Includes original Gibson hard shell case. 

(more pics to follow)

Greco SS600 P90 1975 - Marron - £749 £725

Piece of history for the price of the average household monthly gas bill! Lovely MIJ greco with P90s from 1975. Very affordable vintage - plays nicely and no issues (if one were being really picky the pickups are a touch lively but very playable). Few dings but you'd pay the fender custom shop 4 figures for those.

Acoustasonic jazzmaster in ocean turquoise. Lovely guitar - cracking sounds. Really nice condition per the photos and comes with excellent gig bag and bits (more photos to follow) - £1,275 £1,225

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Wow, that Smitty looks amazing. I’ve always loved those early 90’s squier vista supersonics, this looks like the grown up ultimate-form version!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Thanks. It's a cracker. The pickups are probably the best sounding mini himbuckers I've tried 
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1153
    More pics of the Gibson when you can please! 
  • Honestly, I thought Smitty only really did high-end replicas of Strats/Teles etc. Had no idea they actually did their own originals too, but that looks awesome!
    It's the guitar I've most used recording I think. Great sounding and playing and very versatile. I've got a smitty strat as well - similarly great guitar 
  • wizbit81wizbit81 Frets: 476
    Look at this tease....mentioning Greco then not putting any photos of that one. 
  • Man such a great collection for sale & previous posts! What are the beauties you keep!
    Greco and Gibson pics added. will add more acoustasonic but its just an acoustasonic in nice condition, really.
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump 
    Bump