any recomendations for a digital piano

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SnapSnap Frets: 6276
    eyup Vim.

We bought one a few years ago too, a Casio Previa, think it was around 5 or 600 quid. Whilst it sounds good, the keys are a little heavy, not a big deal, but could be a deal breaker for the player. I used to play piano for many years, and it feels little "gooey" for me, but the kids get on with it fine, though do say their teacher's real one is better to play
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73223
    ICBM said:
    Supposedly they all have the same keyboard,
    not quite, go up in budget and you will be getting wooden keys that provide a more authentic feel
    Ah, I didn't know that. OK, it may be worth spending more then.

VimFuego said:
    bloody awkward!! It's built into a hillside and is on about 4 levels with narrow stairs and tight corners.
    It may be useful that, although it's 4' 4" long (full 88-key length, nothing you can do about that obviously) the P35 is only 12" front to back and 6" tall, so getting it into a small space or round tight corners is easy, and it weighs surprisingly little - a very easy carry for one person.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15916
    yeah, we've just been looking at various digital pianos, and even the ones that come as a complete unit (i.e. with a built in stand that make it look like an upright) would be a bit unwieldy. A separate keyboard and stand would be more flexible. Sadly I think our lifestyle is always gonna involve banana boxes filled with 2nd hand stuff. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    @VimFuego .. PM Tony Rath .. he's a piano teacher and he has a decent digital keyboard that sits on a stand and sounds pretty good. I can't remember the make .. it's designed to be portable for the gigging musician so it folds away. He'll also know what his pupils use ..

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • If you've got 2k to spend, consider the nord stage 2. Probably be more useful long term than just a piano
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom