What headless bridge is available at a reasonable price, which isn't rubbish?

What's Hot
What headless bridge is available at a reasonable price, which isn't rubbish?

I read that there are some better quality headless bridges like KOLOSS from China at a reasonable price.

Any others?

"Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 9129
    edited January 2023
    Nova from Brazil. You can buy them on eBay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/apassini98. Similar quality as Hipshot, but not as expensive. You can also buy German made single saddle bridges through Thomann.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 806
    Roland said:
    Nova from Brazil. You can buy them on eBay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/apassini98. Similar quality as Hipshot, but not as expensive. You can also buy German made single saddle bridges through Thomann.

Many thanks, it's for a 7 string headless.
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    I can speak for the build quality of the Koloss stuff, i have one of there headless trem units (awaiting a build start) and it is very very well made,i think it was about £72 delivered (in 3 days from china!) i know your looking a the FF plated units but they al seem to use the same base tuner setup, here a set of my own pictures of the unit

As @Roland stated the Nova stuff from Brazil is also very well made,there are a lot of brass copies of those floating around evilbay and they are rubbish so go to the source in brazillia for those.

these SS unit on ali look to be very well made

Ive bough a few item from that seller in the past and they always arrive in good time (about 2 weeks) and have been very good quality=price, not sure id trust those single piece head unit though(id also replace the cream cheese mounting screw supplied)......make sure any unit you go for has a thrust bearing between the tuning knob and the unit because without it they become very difficult to fine tune once up to pitch.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Gizmo said:
    I can speak for the build quality of the Koloss stuff, i have one of there headless trem units (awaiting a build start) and it is very very well made,i think it was about £72 delivered (in 3 days from china!) i know your looking a the FF plated units but they al seem to use the same base tuner setup, here a set of my own pictures of the unit

As @Roland stated the Nova stuff from Brazil is also very well made,there are a lot of brass copies of those floating around evilbay and they are rubbish so go to the source in brazillia for those.

these SS unit on ali look to be very well made

Ive bough a few item from that seller in the past and they always arrive in good time (about 2 weeks) and have been very good quality=price, not sure id trust those single piece head unit though(id also replace the cream cheese mounting screw supplied)......make sure any unit you go for has a thrust bearing between the tuning knob and the unit because without it they become very difficult to fine tune once up to pitch.

Excellent, many thanks for posting that excellent information, based on info at the moment, I'm considering the Koloss or the Nova.

Thanks for posting, your experience is greatly appreciated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9129
    Don’t forget to post a review when you receive and use it.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Roland said:
    Don’t forget to post a review when you receive and use it.

It will be a while, I've just ordered a neck and body, it will be 7 string, but headless this time. Lots of sanding and wax finishing to go over the next year, no rush.

Thanks for your invaluable input over the years. I'm still using the fan fret headless double string clamp you recommended in your Klein build.
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1118
    GuyBoden said:

Thanks for posting, your experience is greatly appreciated.
    No Problem glad to help, i was going to point you to the Sevenstring headless hardware thread but seem you already found it ;)

Ive been through a fair few Headless units in the past 15 years or so from Status (for Bases) to TFM & Hipshot as well as a few of the chinese knock off's and alt designs,Hipshot is without a doubt the best stuff ive used but man it's crazy expensive atm!

GL