Best Online Guitar Stores 2023

What's Hot
Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 336
edited January 2023 in Guitar Reviews
Who are the good ones to buy from sight unseen, particularly with regards to QC issues?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 837
    Purely from the perspective of second hand stock, my first port of call is always Richtone for their great range and fair pricing. Guitar guitar, Coda and Sound Affects then follow as they sometimes get interesting bits.
  • Vintage65Vintage65 Frets: 336
    RevMatt said:
    Purely from the perspective of second hand stock, my first port of call is always Richtone for their great range and fair pricing. Guitar guitar, Coda and Sound Affects then follow as they sometimes get interesting bits.
    I'm considering a new American Vintage II but a bit apprehensive about the Fender QC after recent reports.
  • BodBod Frets: 1316
    I've had 3 new guitars in the last 12 months that were bought sight-unseen from online retailers.  All had problems with fretwork and 2 were Fender brands made in Indonesia. 

I managed to negotiate partial refunds from Rich Tone and Gear4Music to go towards fret levels without a problem, and GG were great with the return, although the refund was VERY slow.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3724
    edited January 2023
    Had a good experience from Project Music in October. They kept me well informed on what was happening, guitar arrived when expected, we’ll set up and at a good price. 
  • KittKitt Frets: 11
    Charlie Chandlers Guitar Experience only sell used guitars, but you can trust them to ship you what they described and it should come well set up. 

Purchased a couple of new guitars from Peach. They have good customer service and both guitars I've bought from came well set up. 

Unfortunately I can't say the same for GuitarGuitar. Their inline sales rep assured me all guitars received a pre deliver QC check and setup. I've purchased two from them and both came in boxes with the original factory tape that had never been cut so the boxes hadn't been opened since leaving the manufacturer's premises. 

After an online review by myself they eventually contacted me, admitted some guitars are just dispatched straight from stock, apologised and asked if I would remove the negative review. 

I'll choose Peach of GuitarGuitar every time from now on.     
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittKitt Frets: 11
    Bod said:
    I've had 3 new guitars in the last 12 months that were bought sight-unseen from online retailers.  All had problems with fretwork and 2 were Fender brands made in Indonesia. 

I managed to negotiate partial refunds from Rich Tone and Gear4Music to go towards fret levels without a problem, and GG were great with the return, although the refund was VERY slow.
    GuitarGuitar took over two weeks to refund me and that was after I drove the guitar to the Epsom store myself.