Lindy McCartney

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16081
I guess Paul is a whizz in the studio but even that does not explain just how GOOD his wife is all over this album

She constantly got it in the neck for being a no talent but this is good, IMO, VERY GOOD...well done girl

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4952
    I never listened to Ram, Hoots, but I did have Red Rose Speedway (the one with My Love) and I thought she made immense contributions to that one.  

You're right that she got a bad rap at the time.

• I was listening to her backing vocals on Uncle Albert, I think she made the song.
  • I need to revisit RAM. Its one that pops up a lot when looking for recommendations but it needs a few listens I think.

It would take a lot to beat her vegetarian sausages though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ALRALR Frets: 146
    I think it's a great album, it's got a lot of character. Quite kooky - some say it's the first indie album!
    mhep mhep mhep!
  • Linda was ace. So was Yoko. 

Bye. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    I'm currently reading Trevor Horn's autobiography. 

He mentions that she gets some stick, but his experience of her in the studio was that she was a very good musician and he's notorious for not putting people on records if he doesn't think they are up to it. For example Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Propaganda aren't on their own records
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28355
    Honestly, the only song I know from the 'Linda' years is Mull of Kintyre. I know that many people seem to hate it but I still love it. It was No 1 at a great time of life for me, and the sound of many bagpipes is quite magnificent. 
  • axisus said:
    Honestly, the only song I know from the 'Linda' years is Mull of Kintyre. I know that many people seem to hate it but I still love it. It was No 1 at a great time of life for me, and the sound of many bagpipes is quite magnificent. 
    Saw him do that live a few years ago with about 30 bag pipers on stage. I couldnt get to the bar quick enough. 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1565
    Someone on the Internet once "fixed" RAM by speeding it up ever so slightly - to De-Weed it. It works and sounds 100% even better than before.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 12468
    McCartney bashing is something I always find hilarious.

He is clearly one of the most naturally gifted songwriters and musicians of the pop era, that he happened to be in a band with two of the others, and a great drummer, was a little bit of magic.

Then he goes off and has a solo career and tours with his wife, rather than cheating on her with slappers, makes some great songs but not as many as he used to, and is still enjoyed by millions of people all over the world.

Given his only real crime is to come across a bit smug at times, I've never got it.

He basically tossed this one out in 1997, admittedly when interest in him was at an Oasis-related peak...

You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • I've heard it on good authority that the only reason Paul McCartney gave Linda co-writing credit was so that he only have to give John Lennon 25% of the royalties instead of 50% (they had a 50/50 deal for something like the first ten years after the Beatles split up).

Then there's this...

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6423
    guyinlyon said:
    I've heard it on good authority that the only reason Paul McCartney gave Linda co-writing credit was so that he only have to give John Lennon 25% of the royalties instead of 50% (they had a 50/50 deal for something like the first ten years after the Beatles split up).

Then there's this...

Hatchet job -  not even got continuity with the clothes .....

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback