SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/T: Knaggs Severn SSS (deal still possible), Novo Serus T (withdrawn, sorta), K-Line (SOLD)

What's Hot
WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5589
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
First up, an early Knaggs Severn - this finish scheme is called “Zebra” and it’s pretty clear why. A pearl white sapele lam top/alder back sandwiching an Onyx-stained Tier 2 maple middle. The fretboard is Cocobolo, which they don’t do anymore - it looks lovely and has a vintage-but-not-too-vintage-feeling 8.5" radius - it’s inlaid with the ecru diamonds for markers. The neck is a super flamey hard rock maple stained Onyx as well, and the headstock has the Tier 2 ebony veneer with inlaid logo. The pickguard is made from Wenge and it’s stained almost black. 

There are a couple very small marks on the back and the hardware is a little tarnished (to be expected on a 12-year old guitar). The hard case also has one long scratch on it but I suppose that means it was doing its job! Includes all the case candy Knaggs did in those days which isn’t much but it’s there. There were no build sheets in the earlier days of Knaggs.

This guitar is now on eBay - ends Thursday 9 Feb - but until there is a bid I'm willing to a deal here and pull it - or feel free to find it and place a bid yourself! Asking £2,750 OVNO. Located in the southeast near London - can arrange shipping if needed for the cost of doing so. 

Loads more pics here: https://imgur.com/a/OJDmxxr

The second guitar available is a K-Line Springfield in a light relic Fiesta Red - £1500 firm.- NOW SOLD

Finally for now, a Novo Serus T in medium-distressed ice blue metallic - original asking price £3200 - NOW ON EBAY BUT HAS BIDS SO NO LONGER AVAILABLE HERE. Feel free to search it out and place a bid if you are interested!

NOTE ABOUT TRADES - cash is king but I am after a clean Gibson J-45 in black or sunburst with a 50s style (ie, bigger) neck (so probably not a Standard, definitely not a 60s, but might consider a Slash model). The only other thing I *might* consider is a Fender custom shop Jazzmaster or (less likely) Jaguar - but I might be picky about that. I’m not able to put cash your way right now so the trade will need to be either in part or in full towards something above. Thanks!!
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5589
    Bump! The Springfield is now sold. Sexy Severn & superb Serus still alliteratively available.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    This Knaggs wouldn't be my type of guitar but having owned a Chena I have to say that they are a masterclass in quality guitarbuilding .......just superbly constructed and play really beautifully
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Dominic said:
    This Knaggs wouldn't be my type of guitar but having owned a Chena I have to say that they are a masterclass in quality guitarbuilding .......just superbly constructed and play really beautifully
    Thanks @Dominic - fully agree - Joe Knaggs is among the best of the best making guitars these days. I realise too that the "look" of that Severn isn't gonna be for everyone but man does it play well and sound good. As mentioned the only reason I'm selling it is that I've got a slightly older Severn that I have a little more emotional attachment to - but is fundamentally a very similar guitar, just not as "visually complex" and as I'm getting older I'm finding myself more attracted to simple guitars. :)
    Saturday morning bump. Might throw these on eBay this weekend but also might not, dunno if I can be hassled yet to deal with that lot!
    Bump for the Severn - it's listed on eBay but no bids yet so a deal is still possible here for cash or limited trade options. The Novo is on eBay but now has bids so you will need to go down that route if you want to grab it. Thanks!
    Bump for deals on that Severn!