Which key (should be simple, but I'm confuddled)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10699
    Aw thanks, yep, I’m not at all interested in theory in an abstract sense - just in how it relates to music and emotion :) Cheers for that, twas a huge compliment. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    As an aside, you don't have to have a tonal centre although it applies in the vast majority of cases. Debussy's l'apres midi d'un faune is all over the shop but brilliant regardless.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thingthing Frets: 469
    viz said:
    Danny1969 said:

There was a guitar teacher on the old forum, Paulo I think who said you should be able to remove the underlining chords of a well written solo but still be able to hear them because the solo on it's own is referencing them constantly. I've always remembered that.  

Soo true! I love that. 

And there’s also the opposite of that: in classical theory tests where you’re given a tune and asked to harmonise it - it’s amazing how many chord progressions you can come up with which work for a tune, and make it have a totally different meaning. 

I love doing that! Take an old standard and warp it beyond all recognition. Keep the original melody of course. I've got a really sick version of Silent Night somewhere in the depths of my hard drive.
    This is absurd.  You don’t know what you’re talking about.  It warrants combat.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Danny1969 said:
    Paulo
    crikey there's a name from the past................... wasnt the the one with the fantastic "photoshop"  memes
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.