SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB JXG / Ivison / Gibson Les Paul Junior

What's Hot
I know it's sacrilege to mention JXG on here but I've been wanting one of his juniors for years. Ivison is the best maker of juniors in the UK as far as I'm aware and of course I would love a Gibson, but I'm hoping for an older style junior (57 single cut etc) which I'm fairly sure will be out of my price range in Gibson. Greco/Burny etc all considered too! Would love to see what is available
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MCluerMCluer Frets: 34
    Eastman SB55/V-SB....check out the reviews?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve got a double cut JXG  in TV , cracking guitar made with old growth mahogany  
    certainly on a par with the real deal 
    https://imgur.com/a/nj3zc0e
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve got a double cut JXG  in TV , cracking guitar made with old growth mahogany  
    That is stunning!
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Feline Guitars have a double cut junior in their January sale - £1799
  • MtB said:
    Feline Guitars have a double cut junior in their January sale - £1799
    Double Cut:

Single Cut:

I've got one of these in natural and it is amazing, I've got a DC JXG and the Feline is easily as good ;)
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11724
    tFB Trader
    https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/43595/feline-guitars-lion-cub-dc-thread-way-cool-junior#latest

Our Lion Cubs are the equal of any other you'll find IMO.

We may not be as slavish to the "not deviating from how G did it in 1956" mentality, favouring producing a better guitar, and certainly not ever considering putting a G logo on one, but you'll find them to be top notch.

We have some ready in stock:

The one mentioned already in this thread

A single cut one too

We recently did a special version with two P90s

A couple of the recent ones have arm and tummy contours for a player that likes a touch of comfort without losing the vibe 

To go completely off vintage script our Lambo Orange one is rather tasty

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10914
    I’ve got a double cut JXG  in TV , cracking guitar made with old growth mahogany  
    That is stunning!
    Dangerously close. Could have fooled me!
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 927
    Remind me. were JXG one of John Coleman's (JC's) enterprises?
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7870
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6927
    edited January 2023
    tomajoha said:
    Remind me. were JXG one of John Coleman's (JC's) enterprises?
    No he (John Xavier Gill) was a one man outfit based in Newcastle. 

Brilliant guitars. Piss poor health and piss poor customer service led to his demise. 

If he ever surfaces he owes members of this forum several grand…
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jon9463jon9463 Frets: 2
    edited February 2023
    FridgeCup said:
    I know it's sacrilege to mention JXG on here but I've been wanting one of his juniors for years. Ivison is the best maker of juniors in the UK as far as I'm aware and of course I would love a Gibson, but I'm hoping for an older style junior (57 single cut etc) which I'm fairly sure will be out of my price range in Gibson. Greco/Burny etc all considered too! Would love to see what is available
    I’ve got an early Ivison DC Junior which was relic’ed and ‘Gibson’ed’ by JXG - it’s a stunning guitar with a 60s Dogear sourced from Player Grade Vntage ….  So good I’m not playing my original DC enough so open to offers ..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rabbie63Rabbie63 Frets: 5
    I’ve got a double cut JXG  in TV , cracking guitar made with old growth mahogany  
    That is stunning!
    Sharkey how do you find access to the truss rod.  I had a shot of the one Shugz had and you couldn't put a truss rod tool in over the nut.  Seemed like it was too shallow a rout.  It also had a neck reset I think John had done before things went a bit south.
  • FridgeCupFridgeCup Frets: 1
    jon9463 said:
    FridgeCup said:
    I’ve got an early Ivison DC Junior which was relic’ed and ‘Gibson’ed’ by JXG - it’s a stunning guitar with a 60s Dogear sourced from Player Grade Vntage ….  So good I’m not playing my original DC enough so open to offers ..

so sorry I missed this reply, I don’t suppose you still have it??