SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Edwards E-LPS immaculate £620

What's Hot
James1981James1981 Frets: 152
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
**sold 25/02 @ 13:30***

Update 10/02***

Following a very helpful message from a forum member I have altered the description and removed the MIJ reference. 
I have read through various bits of online content and, in line with what a forum member has advised, this model (like most/all standard edwards guitars) is initially machined/cut in china then shipped to Japan for finishing, electronics, setup etc. I have found further information that states that production moved wholly back to Japan after 2009 but still a little unsure so will err on the side of caution. 
I have bought and sold on the forum many times and I would never intentionally mislead anyone - I bought this under the premise it’s was a Japanese made guitar and had neither reason to disbelieve that fact nor did initial checks on edwards website state. Only reason for sale is I have now purchased a Singlecut PRS (once of this forum!) and one singlecut is enough!  

Edwards E-LPS, in really excellent condition. 2021 model, with very light home use. No marks that I can see, no fret wear. In mint condition.

Mahogany body with thick maple cap and flame maple veneer. Mahogany neck with a rosewood fingerboard, 12 inch radius, which has a lighter shade, very smooth with an attractive grain pattern. Long tenon neck joint. Bone Nut, 43mm width. I'd say the neck profile was between 'slim '60s' and 'fat '50s'; it's a comfortable medium profile .Quality hardware; Gotoh SD90-SL tuners, Tune-O-Matic bridge with Gotoh GE101Z tailpiece.

The pickups are Edwards own EH-1G models; the bridge is quite high output (17k), the neck more vintage (7.5k).  

I replaced the 'Top Hat' vintage style knobs with 'Speed Knobs', which I find much easier to use. included is the padded ESP gig bag it came in.
The only trades I’m after are a MIJ charvel so cal/San dimas - must be mint

Welcome to call around and test it out. Collection or meet preferable to postage 
Any questions please just ask

asking a further reduced £620 down from £800 on the forum (collected) based on the above info about origin etc. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• James1981James1981 Frets: 152
    Bump 
    Bump for excellent Singlecut. Have now found a potential purchase so happy to chat around price  :)
    Reduced as new guitar en route
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
     :) 
  • Buy me  ;)
  • Must be a good price now for a Japanese made Single cut in mint condition  =)
  • Anyone - am I missing something- surely it’s a decent price for a MIJ edwards? Will include postage in the price.  =)
  • I don’t know much about the Edwards but I think they are the same company as ESP is that right 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Cookiemonster you are correct. ESP are the parent company and edwards is a Japanese domestic line. Edwards are a more traditional style than the traditional esp range having said that they are still have modern appointments (e.g higher output pickups etc). Honestly superbly made guitars. 
  •  =) 
    edited February 2023
    Er slightly sheepish nudge. Apologies to anyone who were either misled or otherwise from the original post stating MIJ. I have since discovered this is not a wholly true statement and as such have update the advert. 

• StefBStefB Frets: 2514
    edited February 2023
    James1981 said:
    Er slightly sheepish nudge. Apologies to anyone who were either misled or otherwise from the original post stating MIJ. I have since discovered this is not a wholly true statement and as such have update the advert. 

That's very gracious of you and, either way, it's a LOT of quality guitar for £650.

I hope it soon sells, it deserves to at that price.
    edited February 2023
    @StefB thank you and hopefully someone also see this is a great guitar for the money. 

Again for all - this was the first bit of feedback that led me to the Machined in China finished in Japan belief https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/edwards-guitars%C2%97the-whole-story-and-more.43888/ 

I have also done a little Google searching and found further comments that align (almost) to the above link but on an official esp forum. 

I suspect that the guitars are cut/cnc’d, shaped, sanded, necks attached/glued, initial fret locating etc all done in china, then off the Japan for painting/finishing, electrics installing, fret work and setup in Japan. It’s a bit like what Suhr did with the rasmus line which they built in china and shipped to America to finish.

there is further possibility that production was wholly moved back to Japan https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/edwards-guitars%C2%97the-whole-story-and-more.43888/post-6591550 but I’m wanting to be honest and say I cannot confirm. 

Anyhow….. 

amazing single cut of hybrid origin for sale 
  • Bump - open to discussion on price (as always) and really after a nice charvel so cal…..
  • Great single cut anyone?  :)
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    I never understood why people get so angry and outraged by which country the CNC machine is located in. 
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 1067
    TheMarlin said:
    I never understood why people get so angry and outraged by which country the CNC machine is located in. 
    It's the quality of the oxygen in the factory.

It's far higher in Japan and it's well known that low quality oxygen causes an adverse reaction to the pixie dust when they sprinkle that on.
  • Really nice looking guitar! And I don’t think it’s misleading to label it as MIJ, all they did was chop the wood up in a different factory somewhere else.
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 781
    Really nice looking guitar! And I don’t think it’s misleading to label it as MIJ, all they did was chop the wood up in a different factory somewhere else.
    Agreed. They're all labelled as Made in Japan, so they've clearly done enough work in-country to satisfy the Japanese authorities. I've played many Edwards' and they've all been excellent quality guitars.