SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

[SOLD] Warmoth (USA) - Roasted Swamp Ash Telecaster Deluxe

What's Hot
xParallaxxParallax Frets: 9
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
Hi all,

ITEM IS NOW SOLD

I had this custom built in early 2020 from Warmoth in the USA. If you don't know, Warmoth are a 'licensed by Fender' custom guitar parts builder, and will do anything and everything you want. The parts come separate but totally painted/lacquered, ready for assembly. 

This guitar was assembled by Dave Dearnaley in Cardiff in early 2020. See the Warmoth order form in the photos for full spec, but the short of it is as follows:

Roasted Swamp Ash Telecaster Deluxe body, Clear Gloss Lacquer with White Front Binding and Tummy Cut.
Maple Stratocaster neck with Rosewood fingerboard, White binding, White pearloid block inlays, 6150 gold frets, Tusq nut, and a matching Roasted Swamp Ash headstock front veneer.
All gold hardware, CTS pots and switchcraft switches. Both humbuckers coil tapped on a push/pull tone pot.

In all I paid around £1500 for this guitar not including the assembly cost. I obviously know I won't get that back but the guitar is in perfect condition. 

I'm looking for something in the region of £800 for it, but I'm very open to offers.

Please see links below for photos,
Thanks all

https://ibb.co/5cCd00z
https://ibb.co/T14KLD0
https://ibb.co/9G13Xg6
https://ibb.co/7zxjhFJ
https://ibb.co/37Fhy3Y
0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    edited January 2023
    Lovely looking thing that. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xParallaxxParallax Frets: 9
    edited January 2023
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2046
    That's a good idea (especially because it is a mighty fine looking thing). 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• ghadghad Frets: 53
    Blimey. In a good way.
    edited January 2023
    edited January 2023
    ghad said:
    Blimey. In a good way.
    Thank you! Some more photos just been uploaded!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    What is the neck profile ?.......skinny ,medium C or a bit chunky ?
    What's the weight like ?
  • Dominic said:
    What is the neck profile ?.......skinny ,medium C or a bit chunky ?
    What's the weight like ?
    Neck is the Warmoth 'Standard Thin' and they say it's most like a Fender Modern C. I would say it's a touch skinnier than most of the Modern C's I've played but it's lovely.

Weight is 3,5kg (7.7lbs) - so it's similar weight to a Fender really, maybe on the upper end of what you'd expect from a Strat.
    Thanks ......sadly I don't gel with slim necks personally but it's a fine looking instrument for sure
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24671
    That's really nice, everything goes together very well.  I like the gold frets to match the gold hardware!  Was the headstock veneer custom ordered from Warmoth?  That can't have been cheap.
  • Philly_Q said:
    That's really nice, everything goes together very well.  I like the gold frets to match the gold hardware!  Was the headstock veneer custom ordered from Warmoth?  That can't have been cheap.
    Thanks! Yeah I pretty much spec'ed the living daylights out of it, The headstock veneer was indeed custom ordered, I believe it was veneered from the same piece of wood as the body was made from too!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24671
    xParallax said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Thanks! Yeah I pretty much spec'ed the living daylights out of it, The headstock veneer was indeed custom ordered, I believe it was veneered from the same piece of wood as the body was made from too!
    I'm impressed.  I really like a matching headstock - even if it's just paint rather than something as fancy as a veneer - but from Warmoth that has to be a custom order, with the neck and body ordered at the same time... it does get expensive!
  • Philly_Q said:
    xParallax said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm impressed.  I really like a matching headstock - even if it's just paint rather than something as fancy as a veneer - but from Warmoth that has to be a custom order, with the neck and body ordered at the same time... it does get expensive!
    Oh yeah for sure it got pretty expensive, in all I spent around £1500 on the guitar, but I'd say a good £1100 of that was the Warmoth order of the Body, Neck, Pickguard and Trem.

It pains me to see it go this cheap because it's my favourite guitar, but it's also the one that's going to make me most money and that's what I need right now!
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13336
    I must say that is pretty stunning.  Dumb question here - what's the 'hole' in the side of the neck facing the lower horn?  Is that truss-rod adjustment of some wacky sort?!
  • Offset said:
    I must say that is pretty stunning.  Dumb question here - what's the 'hole' in the side of the neck facing the lower horn?  Is that truss-rod adjustment of some wacky sort?!
    Yep it’s Warmoth’s Modern Construction neck. They have a conventional heel-based truss rod adjustment, and then a little further up the neck there is a Side-Adjustment mechanism. The idea is, you get it there-or-thereabouts with the conventional truss rod adjustment, but if it moves during set up or seasonally, you can make minor adjustments without doing anything to the guitar, just using an Allen key in the side of the neck there. Great little system, here’s a link for it on their website: https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-truss-rod
    xParallax said:
    Offset said:
    Yep it’s Warmoth’s Modern Construction neck. They have a conventional heel-based truss rod adjustment, and then a little further up the neck there is a Side-Adjustment mechanism. The idea is, you get it there-or-thereabouts with the conventional truss rod adjustment, but if it moves during set up or seasonally, you can make minor adjustments without doing anything to the guitar, just using an Allen key in the side of the neck there. Great little system, here’s a link for it on their website: https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-truss-rod
    Thanks - that's a new one on me.  Well it's a gorgeous looking piece of gear and GLWTS.
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
    It’s a lovely looking guitar. Sorry if I’ve missed it, but what are the pickups?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31k said:
    It’s a lovely looking guitar. Sorry if I’ve missed it, but what are the pickups?
    They’re Irongear, a UK company, Rolling Mill, Bridge is Overwound, basically like a medium-hot PAF Les Paul style pickup! Really great pickups! 
    Dominic said:
    Thanks ......sadly I don't gel with slim necks personally but it's a fine looking instrument for sure
    I keep coming back to admire this and almost expect the neck to have grown a bit each time I re-visit .Bizarre.
    Seriously thinking about surgery to get my hand made smaller !
    Dominic said:
    Dominic said:
    I keep coming back to admire this and almost expect the neck to have grown a bit each time I re-visit .Bizarre.
    Seriously thinking about surgery to get my hand made smaller !
    We know a man with a good supply of small hands...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom