SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FT: Avalon L-32c

What's Hot
danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2714
edited February 2023 in Acoustics £
I purchased this guitar from the original owner locally, it's an early 2000s model when they introduced the new headstock logo. I'm looking to trade it for an equivalent spec smaller bodied Avalon or Martin. Has now found a new home

The model name has now changed to the 2-20 series, so this would be an L2-20c, which to order new would be just under £4,000. The Lowden equivalent is the O32c, so it's the larger body size.

It has a Sitka spruce top with nice bearclaw figuring that changes depending on the angle. The back and sides are high grade indian rosewood with nice straight grain.

Binding is made of various woods. Mahogany neck, bound, with ebony fretboard. Bone nut and saddles with ebony pin and undersaddle Fishman Matrix VT pickup system (installed at factory, as was the strap pin). Original Hiscox pro II case, paperwork and microfibre polishing cloth are in the case.

It has had a fret dress and polish and is set up with elixir 12s at approx 1-1.5mm at high E 12th fret.

Conditionwise, it has a ding on the top of the pickguard that has marked the wood underneath. It's not particularaly deep but the glue/pickugard dent seems to amplify it at certain angles, I've tried to capture this as best as possible in the photos.

I'm based in Swansea, South Wales - happy to travel or discuss posting.

1-D98-B4-CF-EE7-C-4-B4-C-8-AB3-FF67-AEDC19-FB

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments