Triton workcentre opinions?

What's Hot
I really need a router table, and a table saw would also make my life a lot easier, but space is very limited.

I'm making a few pedalboards and amp cabs, as well as renovating a house.

I noticed a bunch if these Triton Workcentre's available used, and seems like a good solution.

Anyone used one, any good.
my trading feedback HERE
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 30210
    The stand and saw module together look like a way to spend more than the cost of a Bosch GTS 10 XC (for example) on something a lot less capable.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Looking at used, so not so expensive I think, and it's space that's the real issue.  Also considering a Woodrat + Table saw though.
    my trading feedback HERE
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5110
    More trouble than they are worth IMHO. I got rid of mine years ago as it was fiddly to setup and the saw fence next to useless. 

Get a decent sawbench, much safer and a lot more accurate cuts....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Thanks both
    my trading feedback HERE
  • RolandRoland Frets: 9129
    The weak point of most table saws and router tables are the rigidity and adjustability of the fence, followed by rigidity of the saw or router mounting. Unless you've got a large table saw with side tables then you'll still find yourself wanting a track saw for cutting down sheets of plywood. If you're space limited then I'd seriously consider a track saw and a decent router, ie bigger than a palm router. Both of these pack away, and could fit under the large, stable bench that you're going to want to use them with.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Thanks, I had considered a track saw, but frankly didn't really know what to look for.  Will look at that option again 
    my trading feedback HERE
    Track saws are great for long straight cuts in sheet material. Pair with a Bora Centipede and you can process full size sheets with a setup that folds away tiny.
  • I've been amazingly impressed with my DeWalt table saw. I think you can even make the adjustable fence rails into a router table too. Which is what I will do next. If you are after a table saw make sure the fence attaches and clamps at both ends. Otherwise there is just far too much flex. 
  • vizviz Frets: 11041
    Not really relevant I know, but I just got one of those Evolution 255mm mitre saws, it’s excellent, for £169. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    From what you've said you want to make, I'm not sure a router table needs to be on (or at least high up) your list if space is limited. 
  • Choivert said:
    I've been amazingly impressed with my DeWalt table saw. I think you can even make the adjustable fence rails into a router table too. Which is what I will do next. If you are after a table saw make sure the fence attaches and clamps at both ends. Otherwise there is just far too much flex. 
    Not seen the Bora Centipede before, looks like the perfect solution for me.  Thanks
    my trading feedback HERE
    The Centipede is genuinely awesome. It'll take a staggering load. 
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1525
    I wouldn't want to make guitars now without a table router, they're so much better for things like body and neck perimeters as you're not balancing a router on a small surface.

Having said that, mine is a really cheap jobbie from Aldi. Does the job and I have no need to use the fence for making guitars.

It's basically the same as this https://amzn.eu/d/7z8BfJZ

I just clamp it to my black and decker workmate when I need to use it.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4327
    I've had these for many years

with the router top

I use the F.O. big DeWalt Router, 2.3kW with  mine and it works a treat. The only thing I think they could have improved upon would have been having a solid router top with t-slots machined in it rather than the sliding plate. The fence fine adjustment is OK, but a bit slow to adjust but it is precise enough. The hold down springs are poor and you'd need to dispence with them and buy some of these.

With some really huge router cutters from Aliexpress I was able to machine sapele 5x3" timbers to make a couple of window frames.

If I used it more I would upgrade the fence to one of these

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 500
    I have had great results with a Dewalt DW745 table saw, a Trend T11 Router, a Makita RT0700 palm router and an Axminster 1950B bandsaw. Covers most of what's needed ( except for dust extraction which I'm about to post about to get advice ) 

Mounting a beefy router like the Trend into a router table or workbench will give a ton of options and makes work really easy, solid,  and super precise. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom